Medical Expense

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Medical Expense

Client went to see a psychologist because he was having nightmares about someone
    being under his bed. Dr. told him the fees would be $100. per sessions and probably take
    about 45 sessions.
    Client needed to think this over. about a month later the psychiatrist saw client
    on the street and asked him why he had not been back.
    Client told him that he was cured. He had mentioned his problem to the bartender
    and the bartender cured him.
    Psychiatrist asked him what the bartender did. Client told him that the bartender
    told him to cut the legs off his bed. Client said there has been no one under there
    since then. Client said the bartender charged him $10.
    Question: is the $10. paid to bartender deductible as a medical expense?
    Thanks for your input.

Deductable

Maybe as CPE

Comment

capital improvement

It's a capital improvement to the bed, so it adds to basis and reduces gain when he sells it.

Comment

Where do you come up with these stories? But that was a good one. I wish I could find that bartender. Maybe he would have a cure for bi-polar people and my daughter could be better.

Linda F

Comment

Linda, there is a cure for your daughter. It is not found in any doctor's office nor is it found in the bar.

Comment

Ask your client where he thinks the guy under the bed went. Has he checked in his closet lately?

Comment

Gabrielle

I know. I was just trying to be funny. She is actually doing quite well right now. It is just hard to get good care when you have to deal with county and state agencies. You have to start making decisions based on what you know is best for you and not always what they say.

Linda F

Comment

Tell your client to get off the d-a-m-n bed as he is crushing me and I can't breath enough to tell him myself.

Comment

Working...
                X