Just Wondering?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buses...

.... my memory recalls that only "over the road" (tour) buses are allowed the credit, but I could be wrong....???
    This post is for discussion purposes only and should be verified with other sources before actual use.

Many times I post additional info on the post, Click on "message board" for updated content.

Comment

My first thought

when asked about the charter boat was that it's definitely off-road and would be allowed. But I figured I should do the research before I opened my mouth and stuck my foot in it. We really don't see many fishers around here.

As for the diesel fuel, vehicles registered for the highway use can only use the undyed (low sulfur) - it has the excise taxes on it. Any other equipment will ususally use the dyed (high sulfur) diesel fuel. In NY State farmers and commercial horse boarding operations can provide and exemption certificate to the vendor similar to the sales tax exemption allowing them to purchase up to 4500 gal/month tax tax-free (motor fuel tax, petroleum business tax and sales tax). I'm not sure if anyone else gets this benefit. But I see that Form 4136 is allowing farmers a credit for nontaxable use of undyed diesel fuel and undyed kerosene purchased after September 30, 2005. One more thing to keep track of ....

Thanks, again, for the information.

Comment

Working...
      X