Sales Tax Tables

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sales Tax Tables

As of the printing of TTB, the IRS had not released Sales Tax Tables for 2013.

Any news about this yet? Already filling out returns having to use last year's tables or else
    postpone...

Starting on page A-14. http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/i1040sca.pdf

I'm not sure there's actually any changes from the prior year though, so it might not matter. Would only expect a change if a state changes the sales tax rate.

Comment

Thanks

Thanks David 1980. Do they still have a "Where's My Refund" phone number? Last time I looked they wanted everyone to visit a website.

They might actually receive their refund before the phone gets answered.

Comment

Yes, the 2013 tables are included in the instructions for Schedule A (Form 1040). The amounts do change every year, at least for some income brackets and/or for some states, even if a state's sales tax rate doesn't change.

I would be curious to know how the IRS determines the amounts in that table, but it must be a huge job to figure it all out. There are about 45 states with a sales tax, plus the District of Columbia, and there are 6 columns for exemptions and 15 income brackets for each state's table. Whew! That must keep about 10 bureaucrats busy year round.
        Roland Slugg
        "I do what I can."

Comment

Virginia enacted two different rates for 2013. One for NOVA and Hampton Roads area, and one for the rest of the state! What fun....

Comment

Working...
          X