How's Business?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How's Business?

I noticed that the clients are slow at calling and coming in. Result of the IRS later filing date? Same experience?

My son was parked at the local mall. Came out and saw a $50 coupon stuck beneath his wiper from Liberty! They must be hurting too.
    Taxes after all are the dues that we pay for the privileges of membership in an organized society. - FDR

Comment

I thought it was only me...it's really quite. It has to be the IRS late acceptance of returns.

Comment

All the better reason to use Drake. I e-filed my first return 1/21 and received the ACK in minutes.

I am ahead of last year in # of returns done thru today. Not by much, but still ahead.
        Jiggers, EA

Comment

It is slow for me as well. I think many businesses were late sending out W-2s. I've got plenty of business returns to prepare but individual returns are slow coming in.

Comment

Until 1099's get mailed, we can't really get started.

Comment

EIC Clients

High proportion of EIC clients. Makes sense, I suppose. Increasingly disliking this type of client because of the extra paperwork and also the potential of charge back.

Comment

Down 20%

As of 1/31/14 I am down 20% on completed & transmitted returns. You read that right folks. I am short by 2 returns!

Comment

Don't you think it is too early to start counting? Maybe the end of next week or two is a better feel for what is going on. Online competion is a fact but those are cheapee type returns. I've gotten back some of those clients from past years. Over the last 5 years I'm down 75 returns but every year it is growing bigger. I was down a little more than 100 returns 2 years ago.
                  This post is for discussion purposes only and should be verified with other sources before actual use.

Many times I post additional info on the post, Click on "message board" for updated content.

Comment

Slow here, too.

It's slow here, but I think it is because of our cold weather. Who really wants to get there taxes done when the temperature isn't above freezing? We should be above freezing today, maybe 40, and I will welcome the change, that is for sure.

Comment

It's off to a slow start here too. Hoping it will pick up, but maybe not TOO much!

Comment

Working but slow...

Have done and e-filed 20 returns. Have 56 in the works but that is a little slow for us. We do about 600 but things are getting busy for us.

Comment

My clients really can't come in for a couple more weeks until brokerage statements get out, and many not until K-1s come out. However, I've had more phone calls than usual as well as many more drop-offs than usual with the notes that they are missing a 1099 or whatever and will get it to me when it arrives. Also, have more prior year returns than usual. And, at least three brand new complex clients already and a couple of calls from clients asking if they can refer me. I'm busier than I want to be, especially since I have a sinus infection.

Comment

Working...
                          X