New Tax Deduction for Railroaders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Tax Deduction for Railroaders

Just had a client come in that works for the railroad. He said the campground attendant at the state park they stayed at this summer told them that railroaders can now deduct the mileage on one leg of their daily commute to the yards. Since when did camp ground attendants replace barbers as authority on tax law?
    In other words, a democratic government is the only one in which those who vote for a tax can escape the obligation to pay it.
    Alexis de Tocqueville

Tax consultants

Our local KFC is the experts in our area. Also a variety of factory workers. Their expertise is in HOH rules and EIC eligibility.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveO View Post
      Since when did camp ground attendants replace barbers as authority on tax law?
      Don't forget car dealers. Had a young lady in this morning who was told by the dealer that her 2013 Malibu hybrid would get her a tax credit. As I have never done a hybrid before, I started researching as she was trying to get someone from the dealership to verify just what kind of credit. She later got a call back that it was eligible for a NY state credit for "alternative fuel vehicle recharging tax credit". Research on that and that model I came up with no credits available to her. Just irks me when sales people tell customers this stuff. Have had it happen in the past on home energy credit related items as well.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveO
        Since when did camp ground attendants replace barbers as authority on tax law?
        Boy, you must not read the news. That happened in 2007. Barbers were the authority from 1999 thru 2006, and before that it was construction workers.
        Roland Slugg
        "I do what I can."

Comment

Barbers are the greatest tax authorities and their shoe shine boys are the best stock market advisors.

I once read that Joseph Kennedy decided to sell all of his stocks when he started getting hot tips from his shoe shine boy.

Comment

About twelve years ago, I served on the board of a foundation with another gentleman that was a barber (and a tax preparer). He said he had the most fun when he clients told their friends that his barber did their tax return. BTW, he was a great preparer.

Comment

Working...
            X