941/940 E-file

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

941/940 E-file

We can now e-file 940 and 941 returns for clients with a f8879 signature. I have always e-filed ours with the 10-digit number that IRS had assigned to us, but the few others that I prepared had to mail theirs. Now I don't even need that number to send ours. I am using my brother and my son as guinea pigs for my very first returns. I transmitted theirs and ours this morning. I am keeping my fingers crossed that I will get an accepted ack.

Which software are you using to e-file 940/941?
    Taxes after all are the dues that we pay for the privileges of membership in an organized society. - FDR

Comment

I use ATX. So far I have 2 940's and 1 941 accepted. My own 941 was rejected saying that the totals did not equal the sum of certain lines. I can't find anything wrong with it, so I think I will delete the form and try again. I have had it in the computer for a few days so perhaps it didn't update. I will keep you posted.

Comment

941 E-file

Works good. Acknowledgements come back within a couple of hours and it is a lot less confusing than trying to figure out which envelope we need to mail the 941 and 940.

Comment

Working...
        X