Raising fees?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Raising fees?

Just checking the economic pulse. Guess I'll stay with last year's prices 'cause most businesses around here are down for the count (even had a liquor store go out).
    No. Staying the same.
    20.59%
    Yes. Post percentage below.
    23.53%
    5% or less
    35.29%
    10%
    17.65%
    15%
    2.94%
    20%
    0.00%
    25%
    0.00%
    30%
    0.00%
    35%
    0.00%
    40% and up.
    0.00%

I am going to charge a little more for EITC returns. More work with the checklist and documentation. Not to mention the preparer penalties if you screw up!
    Taxes after all are the dues that we pay for the privileges of membership in an organized society. - FDR

Comment

All of us cheapen ourselves by not charging enough to do a good job for the taxpayer or discounting reasonable fees. We often do in 30 -60 minutes a task that takes most individuals 2 to 3 weekends to complete. Whether the one W-2 on a return is for $150,000.00 or $20,000, the basic work is the same. The goal should be to charge enough to compute the correct tax and do a good job, not enough to undcut the next preparer down the street. Someone will always do it cheaper. We all know the clients who want to bargain down fees are the most troublesome: like another threat, those who want to steal from the Feds or a State government as to taxes want to steal from us.
      Friends double; family triple. Don't buy an audit for yourself. If someone has to go to jail make sure it is the client. Remember it is only taxes, nothing important.

Comment

When you set your fee you always need to remember that you have XX number of years of education and experience. That takes time and money.

I remind my clients every year in my year-end letters.

This year I put in: "I have 44 years of education and experience in the preparation of income tax and the related work!"
        Jiggers, EA

Comment

My year-end letter said 5-8%.
          I apply it selectively.
          "The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectful" - John Kenneth Galbraith

Comment

Working...
          X