QuickBooks Printing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

QuickBooks Printing

My son has a 2013 version of QuikBooks. We would like to know how to set up a template such that a footer will print every time a page is printed. We would like to date stamp the document at the bottom.

I learned how in Excel years ago, but the help screen selections in QuikBooks just go in circles. Can anyone give me some pointers as to how to do this?

(oops, I thought invoice was in the original post... anyways)

But yes do you want the date to show on an invoice or report?

Here is what I suggest for the date to show up automatically on an invoice.

Either way you will need to go into the Invoice - Formatting - Customize Data Layout.
    There you will see tabs and one of them will be Header. You can select say a Shipping Date Column, Print and Screen.
    That is if he is not using that column, if so then pick another date column like Job Date.
    Then you will get some messages about the layout just click okay.
    You would then have to go into Layout Designer on the bottom.
    Find the Shipping Date Boxes and move them to the bottom of the invoice making sure it is lined up.
    You can change the Text from Shipping Date to something else if you like.

You may have to mess around with it a little bit but you should be able to get it fixed up.

If you need a video of how to do it let me know and I will make one for you quick.
    Last edited by geekgirldany; 01-02-2014, 04:45 PM.

Comment

Are you wanting this footer on a report or invoice?

Comment

Originally posted by geekgirldany View Post
        If you need a video of how to do it let me know and I will make one for you quick.
        Thanks Danyelle. I'll let my son read your post and figgur it out if he can. Actually, the
        document starts as a Work Order and ends up being the Invoice somehow.

If he can't deal with it, we may ask you for a "how-to" you-tube, and make up the favor to
        you at some point.

Comment

Working...
        X