Of easy wind and downy flake.

The woods are lovely, dark, and deep,
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep.
    And miles to go before I sleep.

__________Robert Frost

Wonderful Imagery

Bart,

It is from a cold, clear Christmas Eve in Tennessee I send to you Greetings of the Season, and to other readers who frequent the forum who have become internet friends. As we pause to look around us at these fearful times, it should be as calming as a warm fireplace to know that God is still in control.

You give to us the classic imagery of a snowy woodland, and reached back to a well-known literary source to do so. It may be better than some of my own homespun writings, as all I can offer is:

"Vast utter nothingness, borrowing neither thought nor substance
    Nothingness that exists not, or can it ever
    You take this stupid poem which I have shared with you
    Nothing when I started out, Nothing when I got through..."

Merry Christmas to all!
    Last edited by Snaggletooth; 12-25-2013, 01:10 AM.

Comment

Bart, Snaggletooth and Everyone

I wish I was as eloquent as Robert Frost! Far from it

Merry Christmas to all of you.

Dennis

Comment

Wishing all of our friends on the Board a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Sandy

Comment

Merry Christmas to everyone on this Forum.
          And a Happy & Prosperous New Year.
          "The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectful" - John Kenneth Galbraith

Comment

I wish

us all a glorious and blessed Christmas and a most Happy New Year =

Regards = Ricardo

Comment

Merry Christmas to all!!

In John’s account of Christ’s life, the disciple describes Jesus as the Light of the world. He wrote of Christ: “That was the true Light which gives light to every man coming into the world” (John 1:9). Not only did Christ the Light come to penetrate our world’s darkness, but He is also “The Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world!” (v.29).

Think of it! The baby of Bethlehem became the living, risen Christ who has rescued us from our sin. And so John instructs us to “walk in the light as He is in the light” (1 John 1:7). May all who have experienced His rescue find in Jesus the peace of walking in His light.

Yet in thy dark streets shineth
              The everlasting Light;
              The hopes and fears of all the years
              Are met in Thee tonight. —Brooks

The newborn Christ-child became the Light of the world and the Lamb of God.

And so we can say Merry Christmas to all!!

Comment

"The Son of God became a man to enable men to become the sons of God." C.S. Lewis
                "The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectful" - John Kenneth Galbraith

Comment

Bart, whenever I see these lines, I am reminded of my very first computer, a TRS80 from radio shack. It had black and white monitor, (no color in those days) and a little program read from the cassette recorder did the graphics of snow falling and filling the screen to it's fullest while displaying the poem.
                  Of course the computer only had 256k ROM! LOL

On a Christmas theme however, I hope that everyone here got what he/she really deserved. I posted this one liner on our Facebook enrolled agents' group and another fellow from Arkansas got the message when nobody else did. (grin
                  ChEAr$,
                  Harlan Lunsford, EA n LA

Comment

Your remembrances are exactly right, Harlan.

Originally posted by ChEAr$ View Post
                    Bart, whenever I see these lines, I am reminded of my very first computer, a TRS80 from radio shack. It had black and white monitor, (no color in those days) and a little program read from the cassette recorder did the graphics of snow falling and filling the screen to it's fullest while displaying the poem.
                    Of course the computer only had 256k ROM! LOL

On a Christmas theme however, I hope that everyone here got what he/she really deserved. I posted this one liner on our Facebook enrolled agents' group and another fellow from Arkansas got the message when nobody else did. (grin
                    I got a TRS-80 too (used) in 1980 and took it to the office. That cassette started playing and some little kids there thought it was magic; they yelled to their friends: "Come quick -- the machine is snowing!" (thought it was pretty nifty myself). I could never remember where I first heard that poem, but you're right -- it was on that program.

My boss sent me to computer school and I learned DOS BASIC programming. Taxes were still hand-written and just when I had an "Income Averaging" form (remember those tedious things?) almost completely programmed, this message popped up: "END OF MEMORY." Unfortunately I had Radio Shack's earliest model - a 4K ROM. Didn't matter anyway though; the dang thing would only run for two hours at a time, overheat, and quit. Thus ended my "computer-whiz" career.

Comment

Working...
                    X