Printer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Printer

Just found out my printer has broken. Need recommendation for a new one. Does anyone know a reasonable priced printer that works well.

I do not need fancy features. I just want a decent one that does not need to use expensive toners. Of course, no paper jamming problem is a big plus.

Printer

HP LASER 1320 have 4 about 4 years old work well.Very reasonable,

Comment

Hp or Brother

I have had and currently have both and have had very good luck with both.

Make sure whatever you buy is PCL6 compatible as many vendors are moving towards this.

Dusty

Comment

HP 4000 series are work horse printers.
        In other words, a democratic government is the only one in which those who vote for a tax can escape the obligation to pay it.
        Alexis de Tocqueville

Comment

Originally posted by RightOn View Post
          Just found out my printer has broken. Need recommendation for a new one. Does anyone know a reasonable priced printer that works well.

I do not need fancy features. I just want a decent one that does not need to use expensive toners. Of course, no paper jamming problem is a big plus.

You got it backwards...

Inkjet printer

Lower cost printer
          Lower cot ink
          Higher cost to print (ink only lasts approx 200 pages)

Laserjet Printer
          Higher cost printer
          Higher cost toner
          Lower cost to print (toners will print anywhere from 1500 - 15000+ pages)
          ALOT faster printing as well - especially with 25+ pages per tax returns

Chris

P.S. Cant go wrong with most HP Laser printers

Comment

I've always loved Brother printers.

If you print a lot, it is worth it to buy the higher end models. They usually cost around 50% more or so than the mid-range models. However, the 'laser drum' lasts about 2.5 - 3 times as long and the toner cartridges are larger with lower cost-per-page.

Comment

Just bought me a new printer the other day. HP Laserjet Pro 401dne. I said I would never buy a HP printer again but here I go. My Brother MJC 8890dw is getting paper jammed frequently and the scanner is getting paper stuck in it. I looked at the newer Brother MFC models and found alot of people having problems with it blowing fuses and tripping breakers. My office is in an older home from the late 40s and although the wiring was redone 30 years after it was built... I really do not want to burn my office down. Some said that as long as it was plugged into a surge protector like APC then it would fine. Did not want to chance it so went with HP. Got about $100 bucks off at Staples with coupons.

I also splurged and got a Fujitsu fi-6130Z. Going to sell my old scansnap 500. Boy is this scanner fast. I feel like Lucy in the chocolate factory trying to keep up with how fast it scans. It is bad when you want to hug your scanner because you are so proud of having it

Comment

Working...
              X