Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Judge Strikes down Clergy housing allowance

This is an interesting read.

In other words, a democratic government is the only one in which those who vote for a tax can escape the obligation to pay it.
    Alexis de Tocqueville

See Other Thread

See the ongoing thread "Ruh Roh". There is some ongoing discussion on exactly the same news release.

Comment

A prime example of why Titles should reflect the content of the message, which this one did.

Comment

Originally posted by Burke View Post
        A prime example of why Titles should reflect the content of the message, which this one did.
        I wonder what "Ruh Roh" means?

And I agree, a little effort in the title of many of these threads would help!
        Jiggers, EA

Comment

I assumed it came from a cartoon character my daughter used to watch. It was the dog named Astro in "The Jestsons" who pronounced "Uh-oh" in that manner.

I do agree that topic titles which actually describe the topic are much more informative.
          Last edited by JohnH; 12-01-2013, 06:12 PM.
          "The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectful" - John Kenneth Galbraith

Comment

correct

Originally posted by JohnH View Post
            I assumed it came from a cartoon character my daughter used to watch. It was the dog named Astro in "The Jestsons" who pronounced "Uh-oh" in that manner.

I do agree that topic titles which actually describe the topic are much more informative.

I was a Jetsons fan.

I will try to be more topical in the future.

Comment

Shows what I know!! I thought it was Scooby Doo
              You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Comment

I thought it was Scooby Doo at the outset but for some reason I was uncomfortable about it. I decided to check it out on Wikipedia before posting, and that's where I got the facts sorted out.
                Last edited by JohnH; 12-01-2013, 08:10 PM.
                "The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectful" - John Kenneth Galbraith

Comment

Working...
                X