Drake Health Link and ACA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drake Health Link and ACA

Anybody have any comments on the new Drake Health link?
    It appears that Drake is providing tax preparers with a way to answer people who ask questions about ACA.
    There are also some other aspects to the link which I'm still trying to understand.
    Last edited by JohnH; 11-21-2013, 01:10 PM.
    "The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectful" - John Kenneth Galbraith

Link

Could you please post that link for us? Thanks a lot!

Comment

Obc

Drake's email came in this morning, but I have not had a chance to look it over. Is it possible this will be a moot point soon? One can only hope.

Comment

If by moot you mean Obamacare being repealed, then no.

but if your clients are eligible for any tax subsidy they need to buy their insurance at the Exchanges. Buying from eHealth will not get them any subsidy.
        Taxes after all are the dues that we pay for the privileges of membership in an organized society. - FDR

Comment

The websight is DRAKEHEALTH.com
          I have not had a chance to check it out yet. Let me know what anyone of you think.

Comment

Kaiser Family Foundation

I would like to just mention the Kaiser Family Foundation websight which one may find helpful with the ACA. It actually has a calculator to estimated your premium cost, factoring in the reduced preimum credit. The sight is KFF.org.

Comment

I've only spent a few minutes on the Drake site, but I've already found 2 errors. I recommend the KFF.org website. The Healthcare.gov website has a long of information, but you sort of need to know what you are looking for in order to find it.

Comment

If by moot you mean Obamacare being repealed, then no.

but if your clients are eligible for any tax subsidy they need to buy their insurance at the Exchanges. Buying from eHealth will not get them any subsidy.
                I was not thinking along repeal lines, but more like a delay and that is why I mentioned my moot remark. I have not had a chance to look over things that we'll deal with for 2013, yet.

Comment

Working...
                X