Just found my old EA home study books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just found my old EA home study books

Took the test 8 years ago and this is the first time I've seen them since.

Wow, that's a lot of highlights, pieces of tape to direct me to questions I didn't answer correctly, yellow stick it notes and hand written notes.

200 hours of studying - into the trash!

The EA is the best bargain in licensing.

Me, too!

Originally posted by Roberts View Post
    Took the test 8 years ago and this is the first time I've seen them since. Wow, that's a lot of highlights, pieces of tape to direct me to questions I didn't answer correctly, yellow stick it notes and hand written notes.
    Cleaning out the storage room, I found my Gleim books, test papers, and beaucoup pages of scratch-pad pencil figures (no calculators allowed-2006-last year for the four-part paper test). Hate to throw 'em out but there's not much room left after decades as a pack-rat. Maybe I ought to get a Kung Fu scanner and take electronista FE Duke's advice about going paperless -- teleport my old 1040s up in that cloud they keep talkin' about.

Originally posted by Roberts
    200 hours of studying...
    Our IRS monitor needed some study time too. She held up one of those green 1040-EZ books like the post office used to keep in the lobby and said "If you pass the test you will be able to fill out these forms." Everybody laughed and she was baffled.

Originally posted by Roberts
    The EA is the best bargain in licensing.
    I agree, but sure wish people would stop askin' "What does that mean?"

"To his dog every man is Napoleon, hence the constant popularity of dogs." -- Aldous Huxley
    Last edited by Black Bart; 11-21-2013, 12:18 AM.

Comment

And at that point in time...

You knew more about taxes than you ever did before or ever will again!
      Evan Appelman, EA

Comment

You're

Originally posted by appelman View Post
        And at that point in time...You knew more about taxes than you ever did before or ever will again!
        absolutely right.
        Last edited by Black Bart; 11-21-2013, 07:44 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X