40 CPE's Finally

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

40 CPE's Finally

I now have 42 general CPE's plus 2 ethics for 2013. All except 3 hours were from Global CPE webinars. Since my membership does not expire until May 2014, I will do 16 CPE's (2 being an Ethics) of webinars in Jan 2014. Then 16, 2 being Ethics for 2015. Total cost for CPE's for 2013 & 2014, $299. Global told me they are going to raise their 1 year membership fees so my last 16 CPE's may cost me more.

Everyone knows what my 2 cents are worth

but I once thought that being thrifty when it comes to CPE was a great thing but I realized that, especially the online CPE programs, are worth what you pay for them. I have 40 CPE this year and by December I will have another 16 CPE, all Live Seminars. The total cost for this will be approx. $1,400 which sounds like a lot of money ($25 per hour) but the live seminars work best for me. I am able to speak directly with the speakers, that have boats load more knowledge/experience than I do, and that really helps me with my practice. I just can't learn much from online CPE programs, I could also never be the guy to earn a degree online (I need live human interactions).

I really want to start attending local Estate/Trust seminars hosted by local city Bar Associations and seasoned attorneys, but they charge those ridiculous attorney rates ($1,500+).

I may change one day, once I figure out how to attend a webinar (joke), I'm just a bit old fashioned.
    Circular 230 Disclosure:

Don't even think about using the information in this message!

Comment

I have been getting my CPE at CPEDepot for the past few years. They are okay but they really do not change up their courses much. Plus they only have a couple of 20+ hour courses. I thought I would go on the cheap this year and tried Platinum Pro Studies. If you are in a bind and need cheap CPE then this is the place to go. Their courses basically copy and paste from the IRS pubs. Very disappointed but like Dave said you get what you pay. I am looking into Jennings which is now Tax Speaker. Going to get the individual and business in depth courses.

You can not carry over CPE credits into another enrollment period can you?

Comment

Working...
      X