PTIN Login Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PTIN Login Problem

I tried to login to renew my PTIN today. But every time after I typed in my username and password, the systen just kicked me back to the login page again (without any error message such as incorrect username or password is). I knew for sure that both the username and the password were correct though. Anyway, I clicked "forgot password" so the system let me set up a new password. But then when I used the new password to log in, now it said incorrect password. And last time I got a warning that I had one more attempt before my account would be locked. Is anything else getting the same problem?

I had

Originally posted by NotEasy View Post
    I tried to login to renew my PTIN today. But every time after I typed in my username and password, the systen just kicked me back to the login page again (without any error message such as incorrect username or password is). I knew for sure that both the username and the password were correct though. Anyway, I clicked "forgot password" so the system let me set up a new password. But then when I used the new password to log in, now it said incorrect password. And last time I got a warning that I had one more attempt before my account would be locked. Is anything else getting the same problem?
    The same problem.

Comment

Originally posted by veritas View Post
      The same problem.
      Well, I guess I will wait until Monday to try again then.

Comment

Prior discussion

Please read http://forum.thetaxbook.com/showthre...7-PTIN-Renewal

FE

Comment

Call them!

IWhen I had the problem after my payment confirmation was printed I got locked up and couldn't get out. I called them and got an answer very quickly and was all set after that. So, I suggest calling them when a problem arises. They answered right away with no problem.

Comment

Ptin log in problem

Had the same problem called the PTIN HOT LINE they said to wait till Wednesday to try again having problems.Was able to renew three employees no problem.
            They said it is only some prepares having problems.

Comment

I had problem on last Friday, but finally got it renewed today.

Comment

Renewed Yesterday

I renewed my PTIN online yesterday...no problems whatsoever....thank goodness!

Comment

Working...
                X