efin veriification letter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

efin veriification letter

Has anyone received notification from any software provider that they must provide verification of their authorized ERO status for the 2013 tax year in the form of an acceptance letter from the IRS? I vaguely remember receipt of such a document some 10 years ago which specified my EFIN number. Is this a new IRS regulation for 2013?

Thanks in advance

Notification received

Arrived today.

We're contacting you to let you know of an important change regarding e-file for tax year 2013.

In order to comply with IRS efforts to prevent fraud and identity theft, TaxACT Professionals must submit a copy of their IRS EFIN acceptance letter to TaxACT.

This one-time verification process needs to be completed for each EFIN used in your office.

Until your EFIN is verified, any 2013 returns you submit will not be processed and will need to be resubmitted after you receive confirmation your EFIN has been verified.

FE

Comment

All software vendors that I have used required the EFIN letter originally received or if you don't have that you have to go into E-serives for Tax Pro at the IRs site and print the E-file application summary page and fax/send the transmitter a copy of that to be able to e-file in 2014.
      Taxes after all are the dues that we pay for the privileges of membership in an organized society. - FDR

Comment

Working...
      X