Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trying to resolve and Oct 15th Efile rejection with Govt. Shutdown

Does anyone know if IRS is taking phone calls to try to resolve an Efile
    rejection sent yesterday 10-15-13. Also what would be a good # to call.
    I'm not sure if the shutdown is effecting this. As you know, we only
    have 5 days to resolve an 11th hour rejection. Thanks,

No. they're not.

The number is 866-255-0654, but it won't do you any good. I presume they will extend that deadline, but there's nobody to ask about that, either! So if you want to be sure, you should probably file on paper with a Form 8948 and a copy of the reject notice.

Originally posted by John of PA View Post
    Does anyone know if IRS is taking phone calls to try to resolve an Efile
    rejection sent yesterday 10-15-13. Also what would be a good # to call.
    I'm not sure if the shutdown is effecting this. As you know, we only
    have 5 days to resolve an 11th hour rejection. Thanks,
    Evan Appelman, EA

Comment

Reject

What is the reject? Most can be fixed without calling IRS.

Comment

I have also found that sometimes your Software Company can assist in the rejects, have you tried that.

As a prior post said, can you provide the "reject code" some of us have already been there.

Sandy

Comment

Software is usually the 1st place

Originally posted by S T View Post
          I have also found that sometimes your Software Company can assist in the rejects, have you tried that.

As a prior post said, can you provide the "reject code" some of us have already been there.

Sandy
          My Software vendor if the first place I would seek help if I couldnt resolve it myself.

Comment

I found on at least 3 occasions this year, the reject explanation was due to some obscure thing I could not determine what they were talking about, and on each of these returns I simply re-created the efile and re-transmitted a few days later (in one case, several weeks later) and they all processed. Seems like these were all state returns where "the info did not match the IRS efile database?' Or something like that.

Comment

The reject said the spouse last name does not match the Soc Sec #. IRS is wrong, the return was accepted last year just fine, so I cannot resolve the reject. I will file a paper return and if IRS assesses a penalty, I will explain to them what happen. Thank you for the idea of enclosing the reject printout with the return. Drake said call IRS, they cannot help in this particular case.

Comment

re -e

using maiden - why go to paper until you have to...

Comment

Return cannot be Efiled becasue of unresolvable Rejection.

Comment

Seems strange that IRS would reject current return when previous returns were OK. Paper file and have spouse contact SSA to advise IRS of correct number.

Comment

Most Likely IRS flagged the client for security purpose to not accept any Eflie returns, it would not do any good to try to resolve it. IRS somethime has to do this, though they will not say so, becasue of all the fradulant electronic filing that goes on from organized crime from around the world. This is a very difficult challange for IRS and they have been making good progress on dealing with it. I'm just happy this client does not have to get an identity protection PIN. Again, to try to resolve this with IRS over the phone is a waist of time.

Comment

Fraud

I thought issue here was quickly identified by the IRS> I so paper will not do you any good anyway.

Comment

Working...
                        X