Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And On It Goes

Are We There Yet???????????????
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

For all intensive purposes, I am done, I have one client that has 2 returns, and she is lagging on her personal return information, and signature forms for Mother's return

I have emails and phone calls out - that is all I can do at 6:30 PM on the East Coast.

A "huge weight" has been lifted off of me - now on to the Quarter Reports, year end tax planning and "clean up my office".

I hope the "new season filing 2013 returns" will be less challenging and less stressful, although somehow I don't believe it will be.

Do we all "toast now" or wait until Midnight somewhere time zone!

Sandy

Comment

Originally posted by WhiteOleander View Post
      Are We There Yet???????????????
      Not quite.

Comment

Aw, what a bunch'a

Originally posted by DTS View Post
        Not quite.
        slowpokes. I finished up at twelve noon yesterday simply through the application of pure will power and strict discipline (my significant other said "Get crackin'" and I did).

Comment

Originally posted by Black Bart View Post
          slowpokes. I finished up at twelve noon yesterday simply through the application of pure will power and strict discipline (my significant other said "Get crackin'" and I did).
          Please loan your jewel of a "Significant Other" to me. She must have a secret to making the clients to "Get Crackin". My computer stares at me mockingly as I sit in front of it waiting on the info from the client.
          You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Comment

Oh! Well then,

Originally posted by WhiteOleander View Post
            ...My computer stares at me mockingly as I sit in front of it waiting on the info from the client.
            that's a horse of a different color. See, I've got the info -- the problem is makin' me start workin' on it.

Comment

I was with White Oleander "staring at computer" , tapping my fingers, making phone calls, I had most of the information, I performed on my side, and "NO" replies, I was staring at my Emails, Fax Machine, etc.

I do understand those "dreaded returns" we all just know we don't like to work on! I dont think it is us, it is the client and lack of cooperation or expecting that we can "retrieve figures" from the ceiling, etc.

Glad 10/15/2013 file date is over!

Sandy

Comment

Originally posted by S T View Post
                ...I dont think it is us, it is the client...expecting that we can "retrieve figures" from the ceiling, etc.
                I sympathize -- asking a client last week for his 2012 widget sales, he had the audacity (if not hope) to say/ask "I sold a few, but didn't write tickets and it's been so long I can't really remember. What do you think they would be (for this type of business, I assume he meant)?" I guess he was serious; don't know for sure, but anyway felt obliged to bluntly advise that was his responsibility to determine.

Originally posted by S T View Post
                Glad 10/15/2013 file date is over!
                Ditto.

P.S. How do you like the NC trade as compared to your old home base of CA?

Comment

Originally posted by Black Bart View Post
                  Mr. B,
                  I don't think I'm a slowpoke. Time for work this season was very limited and stressful, as I was juggling a lot of balls. However, I made it out just fine after you shamed me to "Get crackin'". I was so embarrassed because of my lack of self-motivation.

Comment

Working...
                  X