EFTPS Payroll Tax Deposits Due October 15, 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EFTPS Payroll Tax Deposits Due October 15, 2013

Payroll tax deposits have to be posted by 8:00 PM ET the day before the due date.

Monday is a Federal holiday.

So the EFTPS payroll tax deposits due Tuesday October 15 must be posted by 8:00 PM ET tomorrow, Friday, October 11.

Correct?
    Jiggers, EA

Holiday filing

See pages 2 and 3 of IRS Publication 509 [ http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p509.pdf ] for more info.

EXCERPT:

If you fail to timely, properly, and in full make your federal tax deposit, you may be subject to a failure-to-deposit penalty. For an EFTPS deposit to be on time, you must initiate the deposit by 8 p.m. Eastern time the day before the date the deposit is due.

Saturday, Sunday, or legal holiday.

Generally, if a due date for performing any act for tax purposes falls on a Saturday, Sunday, or legal holiday, the act is considered to be performed timely if it is performed no later than the next day that is not a Saturday, Sunday, or legal holiday. The term legal holiday means any legal holiday in the District of Columbia. The calendars provided in this publication make the adjustment for Saturdays, Sundays, and legal holidays. But you must make any adjustments for statewide legal holidays,

FE

Comment

So you are saying that on October 15, the EFTPS deposit can be made, to be withdrawn on October 16, without a penalty.

Any bets on no penalty notices?
      Jiggers, EA

Comment

I don't believe that there will be an issue here. EFTPS will be open and available for accepting deposits on Monday 10/14/15. The due date if 10/15/13; that is not a federal holiday so the payment is due that day.

I have posted payments to EFTPS at night, on weekends, on holidays, with no problems.

Maribeth

Comment

Eftps

What's the problem?
          EFTPS permits you to program the system to make "same day" payment.
          Uncle Sam, CPA, EA. ARA, NTPI Fellow

Comment

Originally posted by Maribeth View Post
            I don't believe that there will be an issue here. EFTPS will be open and available for accepting deposits on Monday 10/14/15. The due date if 10/15/13; that is not a federal holiday so the payment is due that day.

I have posted payments to EFTPS at night, on weekends, on holidays, with no problems.

Maribeth
            I agree 100% with Maribeth. Can't imagine how this is an issue.

Comment

Working...
            X