2012 Year End 1099B

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2012 Year End 1099B

I have a taxpayers year end report from Scott Trade - Clenit exercises options

Report only shows Gross Proceeds for one exercise (Purchase/Sell) on a Form 1099B,

But then, in the Details, I have multiple purchase, sell (as in puts/calls) anything I need to report for these - I am thinking I have to still report loss/gain, but the Scott Trade Account is not providing all of the info? I guess from some quick reading Scott Trade does not have a reporting requirement to assist us ???

Any direction or words of advice??

Thanks

Sandy

Options Not Included

I have a client that consistently is active with puts, calls, options, etc.

The transactions have not recorded on a 1099-B in the past. We have always had to dig through statements to report correctly.

Not sure about 2013.

Comment

Get the Excel Spreadsheet

Scottrade has the ability to export all the transactions in the 1099-B to an excel spreadsheet for Sch D purpose.

If your client can get that, or allow you to get that from their site would be extremely helpful.

I have 2 clients that use Scottrade and these guys are basically day traders. Both provide me the excel spreadsheet that I format the columns for my tax software and i am done.
      Taxes after all are the dues that we pay for the privileges of membership in an organized society. - FDR

Comment

Working...
      X