941's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

941's

Have any of you or your clients got their 941's in the mail for the first quarter? I have one client that sent me his 941 and he is a new filer. None of my other clients have gotten their package in the mail. I didn't get mine either.

Linda F

all of mine have forwarded them to me,

but I don't use them. I just pull out the envelope and shred the rest of it. IRS could save alot of money by not sending out all the forms that they do.

Comment

Filing 941's electronically

Do you file 941's electronically? I have been approved to do this and have my PIN. But you still have to have a software company to go through, don't you?

TaxslayerPro was working on it but I don't think it is ready yet. I guess I should call them and make sure. But I am switching my bookkeeping over to QB for right now. So I know QB will print out the report but I don't know if I can efile through them. I just have the standard payroll program.

I used to just telefile the 941's and that was a breeze. But IRS does away with the easy stuff.

Any suggestions?

Linda F

Comment

I just go to the IRS site and fill in the form

Much easier than typing on typewriter. I think I can print them out of Peachtree, but I like doing all the calculations myself, just as a final check.

Comment

Give to clients to mail?

I used IRS website to fill in the form and print it out. But I was hoping to be able to efile the 941's.

Anyone doing that?

Linda F

Comment

online filing

I haven't done it for some time, but I had an account with filetaxes.com to prepare payroll reports for clients and it worked great.

Here's a link to the IRS authorized companies:

The cost was minimal in my experience and the convenience great. I've also used it or recommended it for clients who needed to file one or two 1099-MISC - it files with the IRS and sends a copy to the recipient, all for something like $3.50 per form (may be more by now).

Comment

I called TaxslayerPro this morning and they are set up to e-file 941's. I had to download the new bookkeeping program to do it, but they have it ready to go.

I do have my PIN from IRS so I should be good to go.

Thanks

Linda F

Comment

Efile 941

Thanks, Linda. That's a good thing to know.

Comment

Working...
                X