Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Quickfinder Have a Message Board Anymore?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does Quickfinder Have a Message Board Anymore?

Tried to call it up on my "favorites" but it doesn't appear.

Yes They Do

Haven't been on it for a long time - but if you wish, Reuters still has it:

Comment

At one time you could join their message board without purchasing their products unlike TTB?
      Taxes after all are the dues that we pay for the privileges of membership in an organized society. - FDR

Comment

At One Time TTB Didn't Require

ATSMAN you weren't around in the good ole' days when you could access the capabilities of the forum without a password.

You suggest TTB requires board registration to "force" people to buy their products. If that were the case, that's not really a bad decision as most interactive boards require this. But I'm here to tell you that was not the reason. Initially, TTB did not require registration and the board was open to anyone.

It was like the old Cole Porter song, "Anything Goes." We were getting bombarded with advertisers, tax protest recruiters, People attempting to use the board as a political blog. Anonymous posters insulting board members. Even had people intentionally giving wrong advice to questions, who obviously knew better.

It had reached the point where TTB had to either restrict the board, or totally remove it. If you stop and think about it - operation of the board is quite a cost to TTB, when several hours in IT and monitoring is involved. I have benefitted from the board in so many ways I was very happy to submit to registration and continue it.

Comment

No Thank You

A message board monitored by a hugh corporation with interest many times different than that of the small tax accountant? No Thank You. I switched years ago to this board.

Comment

I hope you did not misunderstand me. I am not saying that it is bad that TTB requires registration which requires the code from the book. As you point out it keeps the junk out. I agree with you.

There are many open forums like Taxalmanac for the rest.
            Taxes after all are the dues that we pay for the privileges of membership in an organized society. - FDR

Comment

Quickfinder message forum

I think it is called Checkpoint now,
              if you type in Quickfinder.com it comes up as checkpoint,
              the message board is on the right under Quickfinder resources

Comment

Interesting. I clicked on it in "my favorites" and it went right to it, the new version. I haven't looked at it in a long time.

Comment

Working...
                X