Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cloud vs. Desktop Tax Software - Any Suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cloud vs. Desktop Tax Software - Any Suggestions?

For the past eight or so years, I've used ATX and it has worked great with the exception of this past year. They apparently went to a new software platform and combined with the last minute tax law changes. The end result was a desktop program that was massively slow. My understanding is that they have this fixed for 2013. However, before committing to ATX this year, I've given thought to looking into either the Drake desktop or perhaps even transition to one of the cloud based professional tax software applications. Any suggestions on the cloud based applications?
    "The hardest thing in the world to understand is the income tax" - Albert Einstein

From what I have read, Cloud computing is slower than desktop computing and usually does not have all the features. ex: Quickbooks clouds version does not have all the menu features as the desktop. Also is the internet is down, you cannot work on your taxes. FYI if you go the cloud route and am buying a laptop, consider the new Google Chrome laptop, is is very inexpensive but only does cloud computing (ex: you could not install Microsoft Office on it). FYI I use Drake and just love it.

Comment

Working...
    X