No announcement yet.

HRB my view.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think H&R to the first shot . Do you all forget the advertisements they ran a couple of years ago that got them into hot water with the CPA society. The commercial basically implied that independants and Cpa firms work in back allys and are unprofessional.

that one commercial really made me laugh. I personally have reviewed alot of returns from different offices in the surrounding area and can only recall one that was not without some major issue.

i think H&R brings in on themselves and personally if you as a preparer that works there is offended by the comments of others then I feel like maybe you need to take a long hard look at why you got into this business and the company which you work for.

joe schmo perpare does not go on national television and blast other firms . i personally find that unprofessional. When you make the statements that H&R and JH make you are putting yourself out there to be made fun of. I think they forgot the old saying those who live in glass houses should not throw stones, or something like that.

But mainly I personally could care less i don't see either company as a competitor of mine.

Comment

[QUOTE=sea-tax]
      i think H&R brings in on themselves and personally if you as a preparer that works there is offended by the comments of others then I feel like maybe you need to take a long hard look at why you got into this business and the company which you work for./QUOTE]

To whom are you referring? I don't know of anyone that said they were offended by any comments made on this thread!! I certainly am not. I know the shortcomings of Block. I honestly can say that I do not remember the commercial you are referring to.

Gary

Comment

Here's a tip...

Originally posted by jainen
        That waitress gave terrible service. She should have checked on the reason for the delay, explained it to her customers, and helped out with a complimentary appetizer or drink while they waited.

I would not have tipped her a single dime. Except of course for the mandatory minimum of 15%.
        If it's a tip, then why would it be mandatory? I always thought a tip was something that is not required but earned. To me, a mandatory tip is an oxymoron.

Comment

tip 50% to 100%

In my opinion, a 15% service charge is a mandatory part of restaurant prices. She brings you the food, so the waitress must get paid for her work. If you don't like it, don't accept it.

Don't be cheap, or you will be treated cheaply. Remember that your date is watching! If the service is good, you should tip at least 25%. If the service is excellent, you should tip 50% to 100%.

Comment

Oxymoron

In my opinion, a 15% service charge is a mandatory part of restaurant prices. She brings you the food, so the waitress must get paid for her work. If you don't like it, don't accept it.

Don't be cheap, or you will be treated cheaply. Remember that your date is watching! If the service is good, you should tip at least 25%. If the service is excellent, you should tip 50% to 100%.
            It's not a question of being cheap or treating someone fairly. It's also not a question of whether or not I accept it. The question is: Is it a tip if it is mandatory? Also, where did you come up with the 25%, 50% and 100% guidelines? These were not in the Taxbook...

Comment

The answer

The answer to all those questions was in the first three words of my previous post.

Comment

A tip is a tip.

I normally tip 15% for service, but it is NOT the customers fault that the restaurant may not be paying a fair wage for the server. The server brings you the food, that is the server's job, and that alone deserves zero tip. Tipping is NOT mandatory and the server that thinks it is should get a different line of work. If your date expects you should tip 50%+ you can't afford to marry that person so take her home and say goodbye. my 2¢±¼

Comment

Below minimum wage

Don't forget though, that they often make below minimum wage, that tips are assumed and added to their wages, and without the tips it's not worth that hard work they do.

Think of all the people they have to deal with that think they are not worth it! Think of all the people that don't really see them. Think of the condescending attitudes they have to put up with - usually with amazingly good humor.

Yes, I think a tip is a must. And a smile and recognition.

JG
                  JG

Comment

Originally posted by JG EA
                    Also helps reduce the risk of spit in your food....

For those of you who have never worked in the food industry, you should know that it is not a good idea to make these workers mad at you unless you never intend to return to their establishment ever again.

Comment

Originally posted by Bees Knees
                      Also helps reduce the risk of spit in your food....
                      Its not spit that worries me... its their dirty hands and their refusal to wear gloves. Not treating customers right is shooting them self in the foot as now days there are lots of places to eat without tipping.

Comment

Tip or No Tip that is the question.

Is it a MUST that this diner/customer leave a tip?

Originally posted by TGI Friday's Diner Gets Piece of Finger on Burger:
                        BLOOMINGTON, Ind. (May 1) - A diner found a piece of human flesh on his hamburger shortly after a restaurant worker accidentally cut his finger, and a spokeswoman said the company was "very, very sorry."
                        A kitchen manager at the TGI Friday's at College Mall injured himself Tuesday and no one immediately realized he had lost part of his finger while others rushed to help him, said Amy Freshwater, a spokeswoman for the chain.
                        "The manager didn't even know it happened until he got to the hospital," she said.
                        Another staff member served the plate to a customer, who immediately spotted the piece of flesh.
                        The manager was treated at Bloomington Hospital and lost only a small piece of his finger, according to Freshwater.
                        "We absolutely acknowledge the seriousness of this incident, and we are very, very sorry that this occurred," she said.
                        The restaurant has been in contact with the customer, Freshwater said.
                        The diner called police, but an officer told him that it was not a criminal matter, Detective Sgt. David Drake said.

Comment

Must?

Originally posted by JG EA
                          Don't forget though, that they often make below minimum wage, that tips are assumed and added to their wages, and without the tips it's not worth that hard work they do.

Think of all the people they have to deal with that think they are not worth it! Think of all the people that don't really see them. Think of the condescending attitudes they have to put up with - usually with amazingly good humor.

JG
                          If a tip is a 'must' then why doesn't the restaurant add a gratuity charge that is passed on to the server? One reason is because tips are earned, not 'assumed'. However, I do agree that good service should be well-tipped with a smile and a compliment.

Comment

tip for service

Since (presumably) he rejected the contaminated food that the waitress brought, he does not have to pay or tip for service.

Comment

Gasping??

Since (presumably) he rejected the contaminated food that the waitress brought, he does not have to pay or tip for service.
                              But the waitress didn't prepare the contaminated food, did not know it was contaminated, did her job of service with a smile delivering the food, and is underpaid by the restaurant owner. Why should she not "demand" a tip from the customer that is gasping and choking (presumably) from the thought of eating a finger?

Comment

Tips & Fingers

How many of you, before leaving an office of HRB, have left a tip or found a finger
                                wrapped in your completed tax return?

Comment

Working...
                                X