Little Bit of Fun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Little Bit of Fun

A wife asks her husband, "Could you please go shopping for me and buy one carton of milk and if they have avocados, get 6.
    A short time later the husband comes back with 6 cartons of milk.
    The wife asks him, "Why did you buy 6 cartons of milk?"
    He replied, "They had avocados."
    If you're a woman, I'm sure you're going back to read it again! Men will get it the first time.
    My work is done here.
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

What is she going to do with 6 cartons of milk?

Make pudding or home made cheese?
    Taxes after all are the dues that we pay for the privileges of membership in an organized society. - FDR

Comment

My brother-in-law got it immediately.
      My wife and my sister-in-law had to think about it.
      "The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectful" - John Kenneth Galbraith

Comment

Blonde Jokes

Men get it quicker because they've been trained on blonde jokes.

as in "how many blondes does it take to carry six avocados?"....

Comment

My wife's favorite joke is: Albert Einstein walks into a bar in Germany and orders one beer. The bartender says Ein Stein for Einstein.

Now when we were in Germany last year visiting her cousin who speaks four languages, she tells him this joke and he has a deadpan look on his face like...What? Why is that suppose to be funny?

I've heard that people who speak other languages as their first language don't use wordplay in their humor and thus don't understand American humor. Some languages are more flexible allowing someone to say the same thing in several different ways, whereas English can have several different meanings by saying the same thing. Perhaps since women tend to communicate verbally more than men, that explains the differences in the length of time it takes to "get" a wordplay joke.

Comment

... If you're a woman, I'm sure you're going back to read it again! Men will get it the first time.

I'm an engineer. What is there to "get"? Seems perfectly logical to me.

Comment

Word play does seem to be used more in American humor. After all we park in the driveway and drive on the parkway. A "fat chance" is the same as a "slim chance". The word describing a trendy thing has been, "cool", "groovy", "sick" and "hot", "far out" and "out of sight". "I could care less" and "I couldn't care less" imply the same level of indifference.
              In other words, a democratic government is the only one in which those who vote for a tax can escape the obligation to pay it.
              Alexis de Tocqueville

Comment

Watch this

If you like that one, try watching this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YFRUSTiFUs

If the link doesn't work. go to youtube and look for Jeanne Robertson "Don't send a man to the grocery store".

All you southerners will like this one. The first time I heard it I laughed till I cried.

Linda, EA

Comment

Working...
                X