Drake payroll users

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drake payroll users

I would like your opinions on this Drake feature. I've used QB in the past, but this would be nice for me, if it does a good job considering I've already paid for it.

Thanks.

D

It's a pretty basic program but they improve it a bit each year. Some of my observations;

Not all the state forms print in a form accepted for filing by the state. I think this is more due to the fact that the state wants’ them efiled than to any limitation of the program.

You have to watch the dates; some reports print according to PPE date others according to check date.

If you use it to calculate a 941 deposit be sure you save it.

Holiday pay is set at a default of 2x regular pay. You must change it for every employee.

The W-2 printing formats supported are rather limited.

If you terminate an employee midyear you won't get a W-2 if you don't show them as active.

The drake pdf printer is not supported.
    In other words, a democratic government is the only one in which those who vote for a tax can escape the obligation to pay it.
    Alexis de Tocqueville

Comment

Originally posted by DTS View Post
      I would like your opinions on this Drake feature. I've used QB in the past, but this would be nice for me, if it does a good job considering I've already paid for it.

Thanks.

D
      It is more suitable for after the fact payroll work.

If you are going to be doing live payroll including direct deposits, there are other options that suit better.
      Taxes after all are the dues that we pay for the privileges of membership in an organized society. - FDR

Comment

Thanks so much for your thoughts on the payroll in Drake. Some parts mentioned won't affect me, but some will. I'll give this some more thought before I proceed.

D

Comment

AMS Advanced Micro Solutions 1099 etc.

FYI AMS Advanced Micro Solutions package called 1099etc. is excellent for ATF payroll and thier tech support is super. I have been using it for years.

Comment

I had looked into 1099ETC and to essentially do what Drake CWU (after the fact payroll and e-filing 94x forms) you would be spending close to $400.
            Taxes after all are the dues that we pay for the privileges of membership in an organized society. - FDR

Comment

CWU for payroll

I use CWU for after-the-fact payroll. I'm very satisfied with it. There are some things I would like to be different, but not enough to pay a lot for some other program. It accumulates everything I need for W-2s and 1099MISC, and I can e-flle W-2s, 1099s, Forms 941 and 940 with CWU. It does not handle SUTA e-filing, but I can e-file those online with the State Workforce Commission.

One thing I don't like is that it assumes, even for ATF payrolls, that the pay date is the current date unless you change it. If I don't change it, then I have to delete the payment and re-enter it. I would prefer that the program required you to enter the date at the inception of each payroll you enter.
              Last edited by taxxcpa; 08-15-2013, 12:51 PM.

Comment

Atsman, I did not realize AMS charges for Efiling as I do not Efile my 941's. Thank you for that insight.

Comment

You are welcome. For the low volume shop Drake CWU is adequate.

Comment

AMS 1099etc..

Originally posted by John of PA View Post
                    FYI AMS Advanced Micro Solutions package called 1099etc. is excellent for ATF payroll and thier tech support is super. I have been using it for years.
                    Does the 1099etc package e-file the Fed 1099-misc copy and U.S. mail the 1099-misc recepient their copy?

Comment

I'm not sure if they do that, they are very helpful on the phone if you wish to ask them AMS, 405-340-0697.

Comment

Working...
                      X