Are you all rested up yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are you all rested up yet?

Have you heard this question yet as a preamble to the request your Church, civic group, friends, clients wants to make of you? I have only got about 6 today alone. I would have had some yesterday but I wasn't there so they tried running me down on my cell phone which I wouldn't answer.

I will never forget the look on my pastor's face who asked me to lead a bible study a day or two after tax season. "Well now since tax time is over could you lead this study group for the next 8 weeks?". Uh pastor I'm kinda burned out right now could you ask me in a month or so. "I thought tax time was over for you now since it's past the 15th?"

Your family understands but nobody else quite gets it.

Don't do anything from April 15th!

Most think that we do absolutely nothing from April 15th until January 1st. Besides extensions, I have monthly bookkeeping clients, quarterly and monthly sales tax reports, quarterly and annual payroll reports, monthly payroll tax deposits, annual state franchise tax return, annual Form 2290's, fiscal year corporations (very large ones), and on and on and on. My office is open all year to take care of the problems of those that I see only once a year!

I remind them of this every year.

I have spent my time as officers and members of the Chamber, Lions, KC's, City Boards, Church Councils, etc. I have learned in the last couple of years to say "NO" and mean it. I plan on cutting back this year and going semi-retired (getting rid of some monthly clients), and then I may consider helping with the church and other organizations. Note that I said "MAY".
    Jiggers, EA

Comment

Working...
    X