NOL Carryforward Election

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NOL Carryforward Election

Election to forego carryback NOL, and carryforward only: can these returns be efiled? Cannot locate this option on Election worksheet in software.

Yes

My software has an election built in. Have e-filed many of them.
    I would put a favorite quote in here, but it would get me banned from the board.

Comment

If the taxpayer happens to be a corporation, there is a check box right on F-1120 (on p4, I believe) to make the "carry forward only" election.
      Roland Slugg
      "I do what I can."

Comment

Never Seen as Many

Actually I've never seen as many carryforwards, and yes they will e-file.

With so many businesses in recession and reporting losses from 2009 to 2011, any loss incurred would
        not result in any benefit to carry back. I had one client who lost so much money in 2008, his AGI will
        not see daylight until 2013. I almost backed away from this, but he was able to show me where he had
        borrowed a ton of money.

Comment

In ATX, it's on the 1040 tab, first election listed.

Comment

Originally posted by joanmcq View Post
            In ATX, it's on the 1040 tab, first election listed.
            Thanks to all. I knew it had to be in there somewhere. Was looking in wrong place (actually where it should have been, but isn't.)

Comment

ProSeries has a checkbox for it...maybe on the NOL form????
              Believe nothing you have not personally researched and verified.

Comment

One more question, as I am not an expert in this subject. Since we are not carrying back, only forward, is there any need for Form 1045? I have NOL worksheets, and Form 1045 is for applying for refund in previous years, is it not?

Comment

Form 1045 not required, just the worksheets produced by your software for carryforward.
                  Taxes after all are the dues that we pay for the privileges of membership in an organized society. - FDR

Comment

Working...
                  X