Is your EA card in your wallet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is your EA card in your wallet?

Just curious how many of you EA's carry your current EA card with you in your wallet. The card measures 2.5" X 3.5" (a tad over) which is quite a bit larger than a credit card.

It's in a file in a file cabinet. I don't see the point in carrying it, not exactly like anyone has ever questioned me about proving my E.A. status.

Comment

It can be very helpful to have it placed with your driver's license so both of the cards show together if you have to show your driver's license to a police officer.

Comment

If my memory serves me correctly, I was asked for my EA card "one time" at an IRS audit - that has been maybe 15 years ago.

No I do not carry - I already have too much information in my wallet, if you know what I mean!

Sandy

Comment

Ha ha

Originally posted by Gretel View Post
          It can be very helpful to have it placed with your driver's license so both of the cards show together if you have to show your driver's license to a police officer.
          That sounds like a good idea. I think I'll replace the c note I keep by my license.

Comment

Yes

Yes. It is in my wallet.

Comment

It's in mine, too.

Related question: Am I allowed to write my CAF number on it?

Comment

Yup.

Yup, in my wallet.

Comment

I have my "certificate of enrollment" hanging on the wall of my office and my card is in the frame.

Comment

Yes. In my billfold and

finally (at long last), something came of me carrying it around for seven years. While applying for a new Sam's Club card last year, the clerk asked for a company check or some sort of "official" ID for the business. Didn't have a check with me (any client ever told you that?) but I pulled out the EA card, she said "Okay, we're good to go" and promptly joined me up.

Have to admit though, I like showing it off anyway if possible (kinda like being a secret agent or sump'n).

P. S. Wonder if IRS would consider changing our title -- I've never cared for "enrolled" (someone here once said it sounds like we're in school). If they'd replace it with "secret" , then taxpayers would really snap to attention -- might even put CPAs in the second tier spot (I know, I know, attorneys are technically in first place, but in truth how many attorneys actually know much about taxes)?
                    Last edited by Black Bart; 06-29-2013, 11:41 AM.

Comment

2.5" X 3.5" EA card, larger then CC & Dr. License

I been searching for 1 fold ID wallets where the window opening is large enough to fit the EA card w/o hiding off any text on the card. If any of you are using that size of wallet ID, where did you obtain it?

Comment

Working...
                      X