Turbo Tax / Third Look Investments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turbo Tax / Third Look Investments

This topic has gotten long enough again and has taken a new twist. In addition to investments and bookkeeping what other activities are you involved in with your tax preparation office? How did you become involved enough to be competent in this area?

Study Study study study and when your done CE CE CE CE CE CE CE, You get good by doing . Start with your own monsy and family and work from there.

Comment

I play a little

Originally posted by Chief
      what other activities are you involved in with your tax preparation office?

How did you become...competent?
      bit of solitaire online now and then. Also, I notarize stuff, but I cayn't seem to get any of those $350 cases with that stamp. Aside from that I sent $500 to Scottrade and raked in $13.92 last year.

Competency? Well, there's been some question about that. When in doubt, I just always think WWJD (what would jainen do?).

P.S. Do you happen to know what CE stands for? Thanks.

Comment

continuing education

Comment

We offer the following:

Individual/Corporate Taxation
          Bookkeeping
          Payroll
          Life/Health/Disability Insurance
          Mutual Funds/Retirement Plans

I have spent many unpaid hours studying, and have also taken courses while in college to provide me with a very broad spectrum of financial literacy (basket weaving 101 would have been alot easier though).

Also, CE, CE, CE! I'm in at least one class, seminar, traning session per week, every week. It gives me something to do the rest of the year, and fits well with our core services.

I agree with unregistered that this is where the profession is going. Full service, one stop shop type stuff. But, I don't begrudge anyone who doesn't want to get involved later in their career. But, those of us in our early years (late 20's, early 30's) have to plan for the long term, and I really believe that if you don't get on the bandwagon now you'll be out of business in 10 years.

That's just my take on it.

Comment

Gosh, Josh,

Originally posted by JoshinNC

CE, CE, CE!

I really believe that if you don't get on the bandwagon now you'll be out of business in 10 years.
            CE is called "CPE" (continuing professional education) here.

About those IRA's and the insurance: I''m gonna be washed up in 10 years if I don't start sellin' 'em? Dang it! Those CPAs at the tax seminar never mentioned that at all. But anyhow, thanks for the tip. Although I still don't much want to be a salesman, I might just take that basketweavin' class.

(Just kidding and no hard feelings. If you think you're doing the right thing, then that's what you need to do. I feel the same way about RALs).

Comment

Working...
            X