Efiling on April 17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Efiling on April 17

If I file my client's return just before midnight, would this be considered timely filed..

My returns go to my Software headquarters where they are drained by the IRS.

I know that if the return is rejected by the IRS it is considered timely filed.

Any comments, views etc

Thanks

PS. My last client is coming in at 11.00pm tonight.He always does this and ends up at the long lines at the post office.
    Brian

Brian, it's a risk to e-file shortly before midnight. Depends on your software provider. Would talk to them.

Are you always working until midnight or just for that one client? I hope you charge him accordingly. It's great that he is always doing this. You might want to think if you want to always do it

Comment

If the client is getting refunds, it don't matter.

I would never e-file a return with a balance due on the last day, just in case it gets rejected. Refunds are fine, because you really don't even have to file extensions for refund returns (except for some states like WI).

Comment

Check with software company

TaxslayerPro sent us information that returns must be submitted to them by 11 PM But other software companies may have different time frames.

Check with them.

Linda F

Comment

Originally posted by Gabriele
          Brian, it's a risk to e-file shortly before midnight. Depends on your software provider. Would talk to them.

Are you always working until midnight or just for that one client? I hope you charge him accordingly. It's great that he is always doing this. You might want to think if you want to always do it

I have some crazy clients. No matter what the situation is they will NEVER file before the last day.WIERD kind of people.Some of them get excited joining the long lines at the post office.
          Brian

Comment

Actually it's 2AM at Philly and it's OK per the IRS. Midnight for extensions.

Comment

April 17th rejects

I believe the IRS has a built in 48 Hr. time slot to fix rejected returns. Resent rejects that are then accepted will be considered filed on time.
              Confucius say:
              He who sits on tack is better off.

Comment

Working...
              X