Software Renewal prices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Software Renewal prices

My ProSeries 1040 "individual complete" (unlimited states and unlimited e-filing with S-Corp, P'Ship, C-Corp, Trust etc. except I am charged for these businesses around $60 each for both Fed and State) $1599 w/early discount. How does that compare to your software with similar features?

Originally posted by AZ-Tax View Post
    My ProSeries 1040 "individual complete" (unlimited states and unlimited e-filing with S-Corp, P'Ship, C-Corp, Trust etc. except I am charged for these businesses around $60 each for both Fed and State) $1599 w/early discount. How does that compare to your software with similar features?
    AZ,

I use Drake. Before the deadline in May (?) the cost is $1,095 for everything and that includes free efile, all entities and states. They do have add'l features that I think you have to pay for, but I'm not sure on that.

Comment

Drake's Document Management System and their Client Write Up software are all included in the 1095. Unlimited states and unlimited business returns, Unlimited Efile, all included. I just completed my first tax season with Drake (from Lacerte) and it overall went well. Had I still been with Lacerte I would have been writeing a check by June 15th for 4500 plus my pay as you go busness REP account would still have about a 1000 balance on it ( 5500 vs 1095 for Drake). Drake does charge extra for thier Grunt Works Prep service (like an off shore tax prep but it's not off shore), Secure Pro File web portal to interact with clients, and thier bank products (client can pay thier taxes at your websight or pick up the refund check at your office), and thier 1040.com web service. They also have Visa M/C web sight so you do not have to rent a machine to swipe cards.

Comment

What Happens If You Renew and Then Retire?

What happens if you renew (Drake) to get the lower price and then decide to retire instead? Refund?

Comment

Software prices

Originally posted by AZ-Tax View Post
          I switched to Drake as well this year from ProSeries. I was tired of paying for every little thing with ProSeries. Organizers were an extra charge with ProSeries, but not with Drake. I don't do many enties, but the few I did with ProSeries cost me an additional $6-700 and that is included with Drake. The Document Manager System also come with Drake. My guess is that I saved about $1,000 from what I had been paying with Drake. There are a few things that ProSeries did better than Drake, but not enough to go back to ProSeries.

Comment

zeros

Drake WILL charge you a "re-stocking" fee if you decide not to use their product (happened to me two years ago even though software was returned to them in unopened package! As far as I'm concerned they still OWE me $400
            ($200 x 2)!

Comment

Working...
            X