How to make payement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to make payement

For the first time in my career that I remember someone who wanted an extension wanted to make a payment with that extension. Due to my error in operating my software I failed to make that payment even though I had all the necessary information from the taxpayer. Naturally I will make the taxpayer whole. However the return is now ready to file. The taxpayer wants to make the payment that should have been made with the extension and pay the rest on an installment agreement. My question is how to proceed. I could make the partial payment with the filing of the tax return or I could give her a voucher and tell her to mail the check she could have mailed a week ago tomorrow. Perhaps there is another option I am not seeing. All advice on how to proceed appreciated.

You didn't say whether she wanted to make the payment from a financial account. You could determine what she wants her monthly payments to be, prepare an IA showing the first payment as the one that should have been made, give her the form with the mailing address, tell her to attach her check and mail it.
    Believe nothing you have not personally researched and verified.

Comment

Working...
    X