Off-topic: Need Adobe help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Off-topic: Need Adobe help

When I scan and view some documents, some of the data is cut off, some is OK. Example: If I scan page one of the 1040, I can't view anything past line 34 Tuition and fees. I've been dealing with this for some time and just cannot find the correct adjustment for this problem and there appears to me that there is nothing to find online or on Adobe's site.

Can anyone tell me how to solve this problem? If it's easier to do this by phone, I'll leave my number in a PM to you.

Thank you.

Scanner

Are you sure it's not a hardware issue?

Can you duplicate the problem with the same scanner, but using a different application?

Try Scan to PDF, made by Softiscan. It is available as free 30-day trial.

I am not suggesting that you completely abandon Adobe. But you should rule out hardware failure by trying another application.

BMK
    Burton M. Koss
    koss@usakoss.net

Comment

It could also be an issue specific to the driver for your hardware. My home MFC has a choice of two drivers, and they each have some fairly detailed settings.

Comment

Burton and Gary

Thank you. I did call Canon to see about another issue and asked the gal about this problem, as well. She seemed to think it was Adobe and for me to contact them.

I really don't know what the problem is, but it makes sense to try another program to see if the error is duplicated. I have Caption One that came with the scanner, so I'll try that and see if I continue to struggle with this. I'll try Scan to PDF too.

Thanks, again.

Dennis

Comment

Originally posted by DTS View Post
          Thank you. I did call Canon to see about another issue and asked the gal about this problem, as well. She seemed to think it was Adobe and for me to contact them.

I really don't know what the problem is, but it makes sense to try another program to see if the error is duplicated. I have Caption One that came with the scanner, so I'll try that and see if I continue to struggle with this. I'll try Scan to PDF too.

Thanks, again.

Dennis
          Dennis - You might try Foxit. It is free and I like it and use it almost exclusively instead of Adobe.

LT
          Only in government or politics is a "cut in spending" really an increase. It's just not as much of an increase as they wanted it to be, therefore a "cut".

Comment

Find the option in acrobat to size the result. It is possible that this option is not set correctly
            Believe nothing you have not personally researched and verified.

Comment

Originally posted by taxea View Post
              Find the option in acrobat to size the result. It is possible that this option is not set correctly
              I've been all over this program trying to find this setting, playing with something that I think will fix the problem, but with no success. I agree that there should be a setting that will fix this. I will call the company soon and will try the earlier options offered by others.

Thanks.

Comment

Is it doing this on every page?

I've been thinking that your scanner lamp might be going bad. Some of the lamp may still be active so it is scanning in some of the page where the other part is not.

Or if it is through document feeder there might be some trash on the rollers that is preventing it from scanning.

I would go to somewhere like Staples and buy a new scanner. If it is doing the same thing then you know it is the software, if not you know it is your scanner. If it turns out to still be doing the same thing just return the new scanner. Staples has a excellent return policy.

Comment

Originally posted by geekgirldany View Post
                  Is it doing this on every page?

I've been thinking that your scanner lamp might be going bad. Some of the lamp may still be active so it is scanning in some of the page where the other part is not.

Or if it is through document feeder there might be some trash on the rollers that is preventing it from scanning.

I would go to somewhere like Staples and buy a new scanner. If it is doing the same thing then you know it is the software, if not you know it is your scanner. If it turns out to still be doing the same thing just return the new scanner. Staples has a excellent return policy.
                  Dany,

It's really a little hit and miss, some pages do and some not. The pages I see where this happens most are the 1099 broker statements. Other documents seem to be fine for the most part.

Thank you for your suggestion. I just might do this to test it.

Comment

Originally posted by DTS View Post
                    When I scan and view some documents, some of the data is cut off, some is OK. Example: If I scan page one of the 1040, I can't view anything past line 34 Tuition and fees. I've been dealing with this for some time and just cannot find the correct adjustment for this problem and there appears to me that there is nothing to find online or on Adobe's site.

Can anyone tell me how to solve this problem? If it's easier to do this by phone, I'll leave my number in a PM to you.

Thank you.
                    Sounds to me like a configuration error between the scanner and the software. One or the other's setting options might not be correct. I use Paperport and it is very user friendly.
                    Believe nothing you have not personally researched and verified.

Comment

Working...
                    X