April 15th Sneaks Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

April 15th Sneaks Up

Did you know that 4/15 sneaks up on people? That was the email message I got yesterday mid-day. Unfortunately, I did not get it until this morning, so no extension for him! Just like Christmas, same time every year, it rolls around just like clockwork. He's been "out of town." I guess time just stood still wherever he was.

Send a reply email saying late filing and late paying penalties are also very sneaky.

Comment

Interesting

I wonder if "payday" sneaks up. Or maybe "vacations" sneak up.

Comment

More of a Rush at the End This Year

More of a rush and more frustration this year than ever. More extensions. Ever wonder why people can't get it done on time? I have an appointment for this Saturday. She has dimentia and had cancelled about 5 times and finally didn't show up for the appointment. This might be difficult to do.

Comment

Feel your pain. Ask her if she has a family member helping her and if you can call them. They may have POA.

Comment

I had an awkward experience a few years back with an elderly client who began acting irrationally. That, plus having dealt with a couple of cases of dementia in the family, caused me to be more cautious about these things. I have developed that habit of asking any client who is elderly and living alone to give me the names of one or two family members whom they trust. This year that paid off in a big way with two separate clients.

Incidentally, speaking of dates sneaking up on you, here's how Apr 16 suddenly appeared to me:
            Attached Files
            Last edited by JohnH; 04-16-2013, 02:49 PM.
            "The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectful" - John Kenneth Galbraith

Comment

Originally posted by JohnH View Post
              ...Incidentally, speking of dates sneaking up on you, here's how Apr 16 suddenly appeared to me:
              Boy, my April 16 does not look like yours!

Comment

It could, courtesy of Form 4868.
                "The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectful" - John Kenneth Galbraith

Comment

Incidentally, speaking of dates sneaking up on you, here's how Apr 16 suddenly appeared to me:
                  You do realize that we still have snow on the ground in MN.

Comment

So you're not into your second season (Road Construction) yet are you?

Comment

The snow is expected to melt by the end of the week. Road construction starts next Monday.

Comment

Years ago I used to travel to Hudson WI and Plymouth MN on business occasionally. I always preferred road construction season whenever possible.

Comment

. I have developed that habit of asking any client who is elderly and living alone to give me the names of one or two family members whom they trust. This year that paid off in a big way with two separate clients.
                          I am asking if they have POA's while they are still lucid. And to give me a copy and contact info.

Comment

Just When I thought

I was done, I get a call on the 16th from someone who "needs to get his taxes done". The guy came 2 or 3 years ago and I did 2 years returns at that time. He was supposed to drop his info off today but couldn't make it. Oh well, what's a couple more days at this point.

Comment

Dementia - Client Coming in on Saturday

I had an awkward experience a few years back with an elderly client who began acting irrationally. That, plus having dealt with a couple of cases of dementia in the family, caused me to be more cautious about these things. I have developed that habit of asking any client who is elderly and living alone to give me the names of one or two family members whom they trust. This year that paid off in a big way with two separate clients.

John; Have client coming in on Saturday and wondered if you can let me know what to expect. Had client in the past but now has beginnings of dementia. Cancelled 4-5 times claiming illness. Can't remember appointment date. I understand that her son will be coming with her but she is not pleased with that and is fighting any help. Will this take several hours to complete? Little nervous about this.

Comment

Working...
                              X