NC non passive business income?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NC non passive business income?

Was thinking, the non-passive income for business deduction on NC this year, is rental income in this if it's non passive?

Ok, studying IRC section 469 and she meets the 750 hour test and she has a real estate liscence. But she did work another job, how do I figure the 1/2 of personal services performed? Is it based on income from the rentals as at leat half of W-2 income? Or is time somehow calculated? Still researching, does anyone just know right off?

Comment

Possible answer

Best I could (quickly) come up with.

See #12.

For tax years beginning on or after January 1, 2014, this deduction is no longer available. This document supplements Directive PD-12-2 and addresses questions

Comment

Ok these people meet the non passive rules in the schedule E instructions, however that says nothing about irc 469, however the NC DOR says they base on US Treasury regulation AND IRC 469, so thinking if they meet the IRS rules for non passive, can deduct on NC? Has anyone tried this with a schedule E?

Comment

Is schedule E considered business income? She does NOT have a real estate liscence anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Super Mom View Post
            Is schedule E considered business income? She does NOT have a real estate liscence anymore.
            Let me clarify, this Sch E is rental income, not Partnership income.

Comment

I think I've found my answer, without a liscence the deduction won't fly per the NCDOR directive on the deductions.

Comment

A real estate professional as defined by the IRS and the 750-hr rule does not have to have a real estate license in order to qualify for that designation. Many people meet this definition who do not sell real estate. NC may be different, not sure why that would be a stipulation.

Comment

Working...
                X