Massachusetts Form HC for Part-Year Resident

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Massachusetts Form HC for Part-Year Resident

This form declaring the mandated health care coverage for a part-year resident is driving me crazy. It keeps rejecting when transmitted to MA, and the only explanation is "Form HC not completed correctly." I have tried so many variations, it isn't funny. Nothing works. TP was a MA resident for only 5 months, so those are the months checked on Line 7. Then it wants all these other things filled out to explain why the gap in coverage, when it clearly states on many of these other worksheets that part-year residents do not need to fill them out. TP was covered with MCC for the 5 months she was a resident (private insurance). I am pretty sure Page 1 is correct, Part-year MCC is checked. Does #6 on Page 2 even need to be filled out? It is checked No. Sometimes the software will create the efile, but it rejects at the agency. Sometimes I can't even get it to create the efile, as it keeps saying this or that question needs to be answered. Guidance, anyone? I am about to give up and mail it in.

I can't speak for what your software is doing, but generally speaking, if you're filing a MA Form 1-NR/PY, and the individual had coverage for their entire period of MA residency, then you should indicate that they had full year coverage, ignore the months that they weren't MA residents, and not have to bother with the month by month boxes. This is buried in the instructions in the paragraph on Special Circumstances.

Luckily, you have until tomorrow to get it filed.

Comment

THAT is one of the variations I haven't tried. Will advise.

Comment

It worked!! Efile created AND accepted today. I owe you big time. I wound up just deleting the form and then adding it again. I was afraid I had changed it so many times and overridden things, it would be better if I started over.

Comment

Originally posted by Burke View Post
          It worked!! Efile created AND accepted today. I owe you big time. I wound up just deleting the form and then adding it again. I was afraid I had changed it so many times and overridden things, it would be better if I started over.
          Glad to be of help. You can send my fee to any of the charities at http://www.boston.com/news/source/20..._marathon.html (No, I wasn't anywhere close, nor know anyone injured, but it was difficult to avoid talking about it yesterday and today.)

Comment

What a tragedy..... Evidently Patriot's Day is big all over New England. I had both MA and ME returns to efile on Tuesday. Everything was closed Monday.

Comment

Working...
            X