You'll Want To Read

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pyrrhic Victory

Yea...so I've "won" - at least so far. But the Gee case is still out there and can be invoked by the gubbermint for 3 years.

Simply put, I made my best interpretation of the code and regs/ttb and pubs. But had I known of the Gee court case, I would have
    prepared the return differently.

TTB provides guidance on 99% of the situations I encounter, and refers to specific code and regs for additional information. If all the "additional information" were published in the tax book that addressed every conceivable situation, you would need a wheelbarrow to cart it.

Is anyone aware of some way to access the court cases BY TOPIC? There are volumes and volumes of court cases, which cannot possibly be read. But if the cases could be arranged by topic (or even by code#), it might be a worthwhile endeavor.

Comment

Originally posted by Snaggletooth View Post
      Is anyone aware of some way to access the court cases BY TOPIC? There are volumes and volumes of court cases, which cannot possibly be read. But if the cases could be arranged by topic (or even by code#), it might be a worthwhile endeavor.
      I too, would like to know the answer to that question. ..... besides using Google. Do you have to subscribe to a service?

Comment

Working...
      X