PA Extension Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PA Extension Help

PA extension for my kids in PA with me here in CT. It's not clear to me if they have to sign it when I'm signing it as the preparer/EA. Just me OK?

Not sure if I'm being clear. My software will e-file their federal and NY extensions, but not PA for whatever reason. So, I'm mailing it in. They usually have a very small refund or very small balance due (we're talking $20 or so here) so I'm entering $0 as close as I can get with all the extensions people have been requesting these last days! There are spaces on the return for them to sign and a space for me. It's not clear to me if they AND I have to sign or if I can be the ONLY signer. That would be the easiest if it's OK, as I'll stick it in an envelope now and hubby will mail tomorrow with others that must be mailed. If they have to sign also, I'll scan it and email it to them to sign and mail. Please let me know which you think I should do.

Comment

If refund, PA grants ext if fed ext approved; no separate ext req'd for PA.
      If tax due and filing PA ext, your signature only, as preparer.

Comment

I love you, BP. Thank you. The directions were ambiguous to me, maybe lack of sleep! Why is it always the freebies for family that aren't as easy as they seem?

Comment

PA EXTENSIONS and DEADLINE NOW APRIL 16

The taxpayer does not have to sign a PA extension if the preparer is signing it (PA REV 276). NOTE PA has extended the deadline by 1 day to April 16th due to problems on thier end.

Comment

And, thank you too, John. I've printed out these responses to put in my kids' file, so I can lay my hands on it next year!

Visit them, and eat her good food, at

Bluehost - Top rated web hosting provider - Free 1 click installs For blogs, shopping carts, and more. Get a free domain name, real NON-outsourced 24/7 support, and superior speed. web hosting provider php hosting cheap web hosting, Web hosting, domain names, front page hosting, email hosting. We offer affordable hosting, web hosting provider business web hosting, ecommerce hosting, unix hosting. Phone support available, Free Domain, and Free Setup.

Although, the best bakery photos are on Facebook: The bakery. Hancock NY
            (Facebook required them to use an initial capital letter for The bakery instead of the bakery!)

the bakery. Hancock NY also ships her amazing macaroons; order on their web site.

Comment

Working...
            X