I am in NC but cli4ent is in AK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am in NC but cli4ent is in AK

I am going to do an extension for a client who resides in Alaska. I want to know about the deadline to get this done. It's likely moot as I will probably extend him before noon eastern tomorrow but I want to know the ultimate deadline.

Is it Midnight Eastern because I am on Eastern Time? Is it Midnight Pacific because AK is on Pacific time for Federal Tax Deadline Purposes? Is it Midnight AK time because the client resides in Alaska? Also what has to happen by the deadline, my transmitting to my company or the IRS draining it from them? TY All.

Actually, all of Alaska (except part of the westernmost Aleutian Islands) is on "Alaska Time," which is one hour behind Pacific Time.

I could find nothing on point about this, but it makes sense to me that a return (or extension) is timely based on the time at the point of origin from which it is filed, either my mail or electronically. In your case, that would be midnight EDT.

Why engage in brinksmanship? If you know the client is going on extension, file it now. If tax is payable, authorize an electronic payment.
    Roland Slugg
    "I do what I can."

Comment

Working...
    X