confused client

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

confused client

I have a very old client that is confused this year. Is there a way with E-Services for me to find if she has paid estimated tax payments for 2005? I plan to meet with the this afternoon because I expect the meeting to take so long due to having to explain things to her over and over again. It's sad but she has no family. I asked if she had someone she wanted present and she has no one she trusts. At first she said she had no papers for taxes then after sending her home to search again everyday this past week she finally found everything she usually has except some dividend statements.

In the folder is an estimated tax voucher for Jan. of 06 where she has written $500 on it. She says she can't find her Jan. Bank Statement and she doesn't know if that is the only one that she sent.

Should I be worried about any POA or tax return that she signs being a problem for me later? I have done her taxes for years and I feel like I should help her while she is so confused. She only has dividends, interest, social security, and retirement income. It is all in black and white.

Thanks

Confused Client

Get a POA covering the years involved. You can then call the Practitioners Hot lIne and
    can fax you transcripts of everything the IRS has on file for the years needed.
    Have done this in the past. Takes about 15 min. The IRS Representative faxes them
    to you while you are on the telephone just to make sure you get them.

Comment

Agree with Bird Legs

I had a client just last week that had made payments to IRS on 2004 tax return but wasn't sure how much he had paid and I wasn't sure what year they were crediting the payments to. So I got POA and called Practioner Priority Line. They are so nice. They stay on the line while you fax POA then will give you information you need.

I have had clients like that before. You want to help them so much. It is a shame they are so alone in the world.

Linda F

Comment

POA & Helping Client

I havve called IRS with client present and after talking with client the IRS staff person would give me the information on estimated payments. In that case my client had paid almost $12,000 too much.

Comment

Working...
        X