Casualty Declarations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Casualty Declarations?

I guess I'm missing something or just plain dumb.

I am claiming a casualty loss. There is a section on the Drake input screen for "Required Statements or Declarations" and
    lines for a Name, Address, and FEIN#.

I don't see the circumstances defined which tell us when such a statement or declaration is "required." There is no place on
    the form, no mention in the 4684 instructions, and no mention in Pub 547.

This is a huge loss (100K +) so I don't want to leave anything undone. I'm amazed that the 4684 does not ask for what type
    of casualty (storm, theft, fire, etc.) created the loss.

Someone please help me grasp so fervently the pinnacle upon which the everlasting sunlight dwells...

Thanks in advance...
    Last edited by Snaggletooth; 04-07-2013, 01:09 AM.

Originally posted by Snaggletooth View Post
    I guess I'm missing something or just plain dumb.

I am claiming a casualty loss. There is a section on the Drake input screen for "Required Statements or Declarations" and
    lines for a Name, Address, and FEIN#.

I don't see the circumstances defined which tell us when such a statement or declaration is "required." There is no place on
    the form, no mention in the 4684 instructions, and no mention in Pub 547.

This is a huge loss (100K +) so I don't want to leave anything undone. I'm amazed that the 4684 does not ask for what type
    of casualty (storm, theft, fire, etc.) created the loss.

Someone please help me grasp so fervently the pinnacle upon which the everlasting sunlight dwells...

Thanks in advance...
    When I googled that, it brought up instructions for 4684. It seems to be referring to Ponzi Schemes (page 3). It looks like if the loss is due to that, you have to attach a stmt using one of the Rev. Rulings listed.
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Comment

Working...
    X