Does It Get To You?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does It Get To You?

Maybe I'm just getting to old and tired I don't know. But I can't wait for this tax season to end. Am tired of dealing with the various tax problems and situations. Hate to hear my phone ring ... want to unplug it. Tempted to kick the client out before they can get all the way in the door, etc. And I consider myself a pretty levelheaded calm guy.

Originally posted by ddoshan View Post
    Maybe I'm just getting to old and tired I don't know. But I can't wait for this tax season to end. Am tired of dealing with the various tax problems and situations. Hate to hear my phone ring ... want to unplug it. Tempted to kick the client out before they can get all the way in the door, etc. And I consider myself a pretty levelheaded calm guy.
    Well, I'm probably older than you and having closed my town office last year after 38 years, am enjoying this first year of office at home, and clients don't seem to mind, either. And since I don't have to work, my outlook may be slightly different, but youre' right, I'm ready for April 15th to get here. Now I love my clients and enjoy seeing them once a year, but it does get old after a while. Hopefully I can make it one more tax season for an even 40.
    Next April 15th I have a bottle of German white wine, an expensive Bernkastler Doktor with which to celebrate
    ChEAr$,
    Harlan Lunsford, EA n LA

Comment

How about right as the T/P is leaving the meeting they casually give you a 1099-A/1099-C for the short sale/bank repo of there rental property. They then tell you that there tax return should be real easy this year, because they didn't have any rental income. Grrr...

Comment

Rant: I only see clients from 1 pm to 8 pm because many come after work. I often get asked "do you have another job in the morning?, is this full time for your?, what do you do in the morning?" I tell them I am working on their tax returns in peace Those questions get annoying especially if it is from the same people that have been coming to me for 10 years. I actually let go of a client when he continually harassed me about my hours this year. I told him to find an accountant that will work his hours.

I am ready for it to be over myself. Especially since I have been sick multiple times this tax season. I've been trying to catch up and I am worn out. I am not ready to kick clients out the door yet but I do get tired of hearing my phone ring.

I have to say though that I am blessed to have such a good business and the lord has given me the strength to get through all this sickness I've had.

Comment

Get to YOU!???? More like consumed...

As I start each year I try to improve the process. Easier, more quiet preparation time (8pm / midnight) usually.

I started this year like I have previous years, with TRX and their Tax Exact software. I gave them a lot of leeway - A LOT!

It is now April 5th and NO NJ return yet!! NY just came out last week!

This forced me in to purchasing new software two weeks ago. I had to re-do EVERY return completed to date.
          Yea, I know!! Why did I wait so long?. Ughh.. Only 1 answer, "DAIN Bramage"
          So, while re-entering the returns I staft to see differences in State tax withholdings.
          NJ SUI - DI & FLI were not properly deducted.

YUP!! Amended returns!! At my expense... still at it.

hate trying to type into phone while bouncing on the bus,!
          Matthew Jones
          Tax Preparation
          Computer Consultant

Tax Season is here!
          Make sure everything is working, extra ink or toner is available, Advil in top drawer!

Comment

Does it get to me?

Why, yes it does. Pretty sure early in the season that I was either going to starve or else get absolutely slammed at the end. I'm going to eat. And I'm very, very tired. And I can't get the theme song to "Flipper" out of my head.

they call him flipper faster than lightning

I think it's all about appreciating the little things. Tiny glasses of single malt scotch. Stuff like that

Comment

Finally

Originally posted by BHoffman View Post
              Why, yes it does. Pretty sure early in the season that I was either going to starve or else get absolutely slammed at the end. I'm going to eat. And I'm very, very tired. And I can't get the theme song to "Flipper" out of my head.

they call him flipper faster than lightning

I think it's all about appreciating the little things. Tiny glasses of single malt scotch. Stuff like that
              Why did we have to wait all season long for your youtube links??

Comment

I am wearing a La Jolla Tshirt. I intend to live in that Tshirt, night and day, until Hubby and I check into a hotel in La Jolla. No shower and no laundry. It's a pi$$ing contest and one that I will win. Have no doubt. Yeah, it gets to me and I get right back at it.

Comment

I used to say "I don't stress, that's the clients job" but I am with you when it comes to the lack of timely work by Congress and the White House, so I sold the prep end of my business and only do compliance work these days. What a weight off. Now if I could only get the weight off my waist things would be perfect.
                  Believe nothing you have not personally researched and verified.

Comment

I sent out reminder cards in early March to those I wanted to see who hadn't been in yet. Now the ones I didn't send reminders to - you know, the ones you really don't care to see again - are calling to get their taxes done. I also went back to my other seasonal job this week after having 2-3 weeks of hardly anybody coming in, and now it's crunch time. I always look forward to it starting and am always ready for it to end!

Comment

Me too. I came in this morning and locked the door. I am not answering the telephone, letting it go to voicemail. Mad at myself that I let a client rush me into doing their parents' estate and their personal return "because we are leaving town today" and just discovered a mistake I made on the one they mailed a check in for yesterday. At least it hasn't been efiled yet. And it won't be until it is corrected. My fault and no excuses. And they can wait on the other one until next weekend when they get back! Worst tax season I have ever been through due to software issues and delays.

Comment

Originally posted by BHoffman View Post

Here, Here! I'l drink to that with me very favorite Dalmore.
                        ChEAr$,
                        Harlan Lunsford, EA n LA

Comment

Originally posted by Burke View Post
                          Worst tax season I have ever been through due to software issues and delays.
                          Me too! I can't remember wanting the end to be here as I do this year!

Comment

Got you on this one, Harlan

Originally posted by ChEAr$ View Post
                            I'm ready for April 15th to get here. Now I love my clients and enjoy seeing them once a year, but it does get old after a while. Hopefully I can make it one more tax season for an even 40.
                            This is my 50th. year doing taxes. Mostly, I still love doing them, but like many, I am ready for April 16 when I'll know for sure I'm done for another year.

Peachie!

Comment

The brokerage companies sending out 2 and 3 corrected statements has been a real headache.
                              It seems every financial advisor out there thinks everyone needs a couple of MLP's too.
                              In other words, a democratic government is the only one in which those who vote for a tax can escape the obligation to pay it.
                              Alexis de Tocqueville

Comment

Working...
                              X