ATX 2441 rejection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ATX 2441 rejection

I know I need to go to ATX community, just haven't yet. Does anyone here use ATX and had experience with rejections due to 2441 where it says ss # doesn't match records? On the 1040 they have 5 dependants, so it says "see statement" I'm thinking maybe that is the problem? The ss# is the one on the card and it was e-filed last year with that SS#, but they only had 4 dependants then, so it would all fit on front of 1040. Any ideas? Thinking of just mailing?

Years ago, when I used ATX, I had a problem with someone whose SSN dildn't match according to the IRS, so I paper-filed it. The next year, the same SSN (which was correct) was e-filed with no problem.

Comment

Originally posted by taxxcpa View Post
      Years ago, when I used ATX, I had a problem with someone whose SSN dildn't match according to the IRS, so I paper-filed it. The next year, the same SSN (which was correct) was e-filed with no problem.
      Can I paper file?

Comment

First step

You may wish to CAREFULLY check that, for each of the five dependents, you have provided the correct name (on the card), the correct SSN (on the card), and the correct DOB.

You perhaps should pay some "special" attention to how dependent #5 was entered, starting in 2012? If you are dealing with an infant, the SS information for that newby might not have completely made it through cyberspace as the IRS/Soc Sec folks "talk."

Another area to focus on is Part II of Form 2441, where you list the individual qualifying expenses for each dependent. That is also a potential minefield for errors.

The number of dependents shown on the front page of the tax return (to include "attachments") should be totally irrelevant for valid dependent care expenses.

Otherwise, there is some kind of matching error out there is cyberspace. Once you verify the above is correct, and perhaps resubmit, you're pretty much stuck with a paper return.

(Caveat: I've never used ATX, but for this problem that should be irrelevant.)

FE

Comment

It sounds like it might be the provider's ss# instead of one of the dependents. If you used the 2441 worksheet to mark the children for which the dependent care was spent, then the dependent ssn should be correct. Have you tried clicking on the e-file rejection error to see where it takes you?

Comment

Originally posted by Super Mom View Post
            I know I need to go to ATX community, just haven't yet. Does anyone here use ATX and had experience with rejections due to 2441 where it says ss # doesn't match records? On the 1040 they have 5 dependants, so it says "see statement" I'm thinking maybe that is the problem? The ss# is the one on the card and it was e-filed last year with that SS#, but they only had 4 dependants then, so it would all fit on front of 1040. Any ideas? Thinking of just mailing?
            Unclear from your post if it rejected after being transmitted to the IRS. Did it clear all checks and efile-create processes in the software, or is that where the error message originated? If it rejected at the IRS, then one of the SSN's has possibly already been used by someone submitting a return, either through error or identity theft. If it was the software, and its because of the 5th dependent, try moving the one with the child care on 2441 up to the top on the dependent worksheet and see if that clears it.
            Last edited by Burke; 04-06-2013, 10:15 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X