Last day of filing season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last day of filing season

..is when? I feel a little stupid asking this question, Google search didn't help.

IRS says it's Apr 15 this year.
    I think we can rely upon them.

Find guidance for filing personal income taxes and tax information for businesses, charities and nonprofits, international filers and others.
    "The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectful" - John Kenneth Galbraith

Comment

Perfection period for rejected e-file

And, April 20, 2013 – Last day for retransmitting rejected timely filed Form 1040.

Comment

Thanks, this is what I thought but then got confused remembering that the last years it was always later because of a holiday somewhere.

Comment

You are correct. When Apr 15 falls on a Sunday, the due date would normally slip to Apr 16. However, Apr 16 is Emancipation Day, which is a Washington DC holiday. So in those rare instances the due date slips to Tuesday Apr 17. It will happen again in 2018.
          Last edited by JohnH; 04-02-2013, 11:43 AM.
          "The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectful" - John Kenneth Galbraith

Comment

Thanks for educating me, John. It's good to know that the 16th is the day in question not the 15th.

Comment

Mass is the 16th.

Comment

April 7

I'm going on a cruise!

Comment

Working...
                X