Ohio Medical Subtraction - Line 43a Schedule A of Ohio IT-1040

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ohio Medical Subtraction - Line 43a Schedule A of Ohio IT-1040

Any Ohio practitioners, how do you handle line 2b of the unreimbursed health insurance premiums on the Ohio Schedule A WORKSHEET for self employed persons? I know that if the deduction was taken on line 29 of the Federal 1040, those premiums cannot be put into line 1b of the worksheet, but what about line 2b? The premiums are not subsidized and the worksheet makes no mention about not to put them there if they have been taken on line 29 of the Federal 1040. The worksheet is very clear about this for line 1 b and line 8, so if it isn't allowed on line 2b why don't they say so? OR perhaps it is allowed on line 2b of the WORKSHEET? I need some seasoned pro guidance here.

No deduction on Line 2B

If the deduction was taken on line 29 of the federal return, taking it again on Ohio medical worksheet line 2b would be double deducting the medical premiums.

Comment

Agreed - no deduction

Hello,
      Thank you. I concur, though the Ohio instructions are lacking in their explanation. I had to go to the tax code to get a true understanding of the intent.

Comment

Working...
      X