Need to file 941 for 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need to file 941 for 2012

I have a Sch C client who hired his son and spouse to work for him in 2012. While he was advised that he needed to file quarterly tax returns in 2012, he didn't. I need to prepare these for him to sign and send in but I cannot find any active links in the Tax Library to a Form 941 2012 (everything bounces to 2013) although I did find a Form 944 for 2012. His total payroll was $9,500 ($7k for spouse) since the middle of 2012. With his total FICA liability being less than $500 per quarter he would be eligible for a Form 944 but he's never gotten any IRS communication saying he should. So I'm left with needing the Form 941. Does anyone know where I can find a form? TaxBook has no archive for it and every place I search on the web involves downloading TurboTax or is a site that I am suspicious of. Short of calling a payroll service, any suggestions?

You can use this one.
    It's a web fill-in form.
    That means it doesn't calculate, but you can save it.

So you can pre-populate client name, address, id# and save it as a template.
    Then just load the template, check the box for each quarter, and fill in the numbers which are applicable.

Here's form 940: http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f940.pdf

Don't forget your state forms as well...
    "The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectful" - John Kenneth Galbraith

Comment

I'm sure you could also google online filing sites for payroll taxes also.
      Believe nothing you have not personally researched and verified.

Comment

Yes.
        Absolutely.
        Doesn't make sense filling in a free IRS form download when there's the option to pay a service to fill in 8 lines of data.
        "The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectful" - John Kenneth Galbraith

Comment

Working...
        X