The Urge to Kill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Urge to Kill

Dopey twerp comes in yesterday at the height of the rush (it's Friday--payday, of course-- 2/3 of our clients are picking up their stuff--a real madhouse). It's 1:25 P.M.-she hands me a letter saying "I got this from IRS." It's an error on the return she sent off three weeks ago--either the dopey keypuncher (IRS) lost the continuation sheet for 2441 or the dopey tax preparer (me) didn't type it in.

BB: Okay, we can fix it, but it'll take about 15 minutes of listening to Muzak and talking to an agent.

Twerp (leaning forward, assuming a deadly serious demeanor, drilling me with her most earnest stare): I've got to have my hair done at 1:30. I'll leave it with you and come back.

BB: No, wait; you'll have to be here. They won't talk to me without your okay (no way I'm trying to massage a faxed POA through the system today).

Twerp (more firmly): I said I have to go to the beauty shop in five minutes.

BB: Right. First things first. We'll see you afterwhile.

Twerp: Never mind--I have other things to do. I'll see you Monday (another slow day, she assumes). Goodbye (haughtily turning with an audacious swirl of her cape and coif--she's out the door and gone)!

*#$%^*!^%#*%&^# (astounding pompous nitwit, etc., etc., etc.).
    Last edited by Black Bart; 04-15-2006, 07:00 AM.

And you use to think doing taxes would be fun!!!

Comment

BB I love the way you paint pictures with words. I can visualize the entire episode quite clearly.

Comment

The Urge to Get a Haircut

The only thing I can say in defense of this client's attitude is that NOTHING will stand between me and my appointment at the salon on Tuesday!

Comment

Originally posted by Black Bart
          Dopey twerp comes in yesterday at the height of the rush (it's Friday--payday, of course-- 2/3 of our clients are picking up their stuff--a real madhouse). It's 1:25 P.M.-she hands me a letter saying "I got this from IRS." It's an error on the return she sent off three weeks ago--either the dopey keypuncher (IRS) lost the continuation sheet for 2441 or the dopey tax preparer (me) didn't type it in.

BB: Okay, we can fix it, but it'll take about 15 minutes of listening to Muzak and talking to an agent.

Twerp (leaning forward, assuming a deadly serious demeanor, drilling me with her most earnest stare): I've got to have my hair done at 1:30. I'll leave it with you and come back.

BB: No, wait; you'll have to be here. They won't talk to me without your okay (no way I'm trying to massage a faxed POA through the system today).

BB: Right. First things first. We'll see you afterwhile.

Twerp: Never mind--I have other things to do. I'll see you Monday (another slow day, she assumes). Goodbye (haughtily turning with an audacious swirl of her cape and coif--she's out the door and gone)!

*#$%^*!^%#*%&^# (astounding pompous nitwit, etc., etc., etc.).
          Taxes to me is important client one to one with the preparer. It is only once a year for people, but you would be surprise what stands in their way that is MORE important.

They want us to pull rabbits out of our hats and perform a miracle for them while their lives never misses a beat!!! Then they get mad when we can't and wonder why...... becasue THEY ARE NOT HERE!
          SueBaby

Comment

Originally posted by Black Bart

That's where you should have responded:

"Oh, that won't matter. The IRS can't see what you look like over the phone...."

Comment

Good one Bees Knees

That would have been so funny. Too bad we can't ever think of those things fast enough when they are right there.

Linda F

Comment

Working...
              X