Need RI NonResident Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need RI NonResident Help

I have a client that won $1506 at a gambling establishment in RI. I have been looking for but cannot find anything as to what the minimum amount of income requires filing a RI return. Or, are there special rules on gambling winnings?

All help as to how to handle this will be appreciated.

LT
    Only in government or politics is a "cut in spending" really an increase. It's just not as much of an increase as they wanted it to be, therefore a "cut".

TTB says Rhode Island 2012 Filing Requirements Nonresidents. Individuals are required to file if they:
    * Received income from Rhode Island sources and are required to file a federal income tax return, or
    * Are not required to file a federal return, but have Rhode Island income as modified.

Comment

Originally posted by Lion View Post
      TTB says Rhode Island 2012 Filing Requirements Nonresidents. Individuals are required to file if they:
      * Received income from Rhode Island sources and are required to file a federal income tax return, or
      * Are not required to file a federal return, but have Rhode Island income as modified.
      Thanks Lion. I had seen that but was hoping that there was some type of exception or floor limit on money for people passing through and stopping in a gambling place that I was overlooking. I guess that RI is anxious to "soak" the tourist. And for the record, I have never liked the hamburger tax either. Gouge the tourist - they can't vote against me. Cynical, huh?

LT
      Only in government or politics is a "cut in spending" really an increase. It's just not as much of an increase as they wanted it to be, therefore a "cut".

Comment

Working...
      X