X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Extension Form for Corp

Technical question
    I need to file an extension form for an S Corp - 1120S
    the only issue is that we have not been able to verify that the 2553 was filed for S election.

Should I file an extension form for both a 1120 Form and a 1120S form?

Thanks,

Sandy

That's what I've done in the past. I'd paper file using certified mail with return receipt and file the two forms separately.
    "The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectful" - John Kenneth Galbraith

Comment

Thanks JohnH for confirmation

One just never knows what the attorney did or didn't do - and I have not be able to receive any "paper confirmations" only verbal from Tax Client, we all know where that leads us.

Sandy

Comment

file the extension

Originally posted by S T View Post
        Thanks JohnH for confirmation

One just never knows what the attorney did or didn't do - and I have not be able to receive any "paper confirmations" only verbal from Tax Client, we all know where that leads us.

Sandy
        Electronically as an scorp. If it is rejected you will know whether the election was filed.
        Last edited by veritas; 03-14-2013, 05:09 PM.

Comment

Veritas - thanks for the "heads up" on that little trick - guess what it was rejected for an 1120S Form 7004 -

As in code "Form 7004" return for which extension is filed must match the return type established with the IRS for the EIN"

Guessing this means --"the Attorney" DID NOT file the 2553 Election - does that surprise me

Refiled an extension electronically for Form 7004 just as 1120 - and magically it will process.

Guess not an S Corp as the client thinks - Something to be said for the electronic filing of extensions as long as you don't wait until the last minute

With this development the 1120 extension is efiled, will paper file the 1120S extension form and all findings back to the client to seek the info from the Attorney, after all he gets paid the "big bucks" .

Thanks

Sandy
          Last edited by S T; 03-15-2013, 04:15 AM.

Comment

Isn't that interesting. I filed an extension for a first year S-Corp last year with no problem even though the shareholders forgot to mail in the election that I had prepared. I know this for sure since I found the signed originals in the corporation folder later on. Maybe this is the glorious exception.

Comment

Working...
            X